Home

Using imported or EA created draft classes?

This is a discussion on Using imported or EA created draft classes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #17
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Using imported or EA created draft classes?

Ill be using NCAA imports like i usually do. I like drafting guys from college i know about, not randomly created guys. But i do kinda like the sound of these generated draft classes, they're sounding pretty good. I might try a generated class for the heck of it.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Seems like the madden classes will be a lot more realistic (and fun) than the NCAA classes. Imported classes will not have the late gems and early busts like the Madden classes. Read the Gameshark interview for more.
No where in that interview did it say that. Im actually pretty sure they said that these will also be in the imported classes.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #19

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Ill be using NCAA imports like i usually do. I like drafting guys from college i know about, not randomly created guys. But i do kinda like the sound of these generated draft classes, they're sounding pretty good. I might try a generated class for the heck of it.
Yeah I am too familiar and immersed with the 2010 draft to use random guys that first year. I will be using the IMPORTS in year 1 just so I could be drafting from recognizable names. I will do the same for year 2. Year 3 is when I will consider starting to use the fake guys since by then, I will truely be dealing with draft classes that I wouldn't be too familiar with in real life.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #20
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4

The classes are all the same I believe, but you don't get them in the same order in every franchise.

So one class might come in year 3, and the other in year 30.

Ima probably use imported classes like once or twice to get real players, but after that I will experiment with the created classes.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #21
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

I know people talk about editing rookies and the dev team has said #'s for sure but can you do equipment also? I would assume yes on the equip and no to the obvious attributes height and weight. Is this right? Also can you change their physique? Not height and weight but legsd, arms, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 AM   #22
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

I used to love the import feature (back in '02 and '03), but I've become disillusioned with it. It annoys me come draft time the following year when draftees are on the wrong teams. I know that probably shouldn't bother me--heck, it's ALL fantasy, after all--but players on the wrong teams bugs me. For some reason, FA's on different teams doesn't bother me as much. Don't know why.

I'll use the Madden classes this year. Over the years, NCAA has lost its luster for me. Sticking with Madden and rebuilding my beloved Chiefs. Also crossing my fingers that I'll be able to allow the CPU to control the other 32 teams, and not have to do all the off-season work for them. Although the CPU logic sounds better, I'm not really counting on it...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #23

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
I used to love the import feature (back in '02 and '03), but I've become disillusioned with it. It annoys me come draft time the following year when draftees are on the wrong teams. I know that probably shouldn't bother me--heck, it's ALL fantasy, after all--but players on the wrong teams bugs me. For some reason, FA's on different teams doesn't bother me as much. Don't know why.

I'll use the Madden classes this year. Over the years, NCAA has lost its luster for me. Sticking with Madden and rebuilding my beloved Chiefs. Also crossing my fingers that I'll be able to allow the CPU to control the other 32 teams, and not have to do all the off-season work for them. Although the CPU logic sounds better, I'm not really counting on it...

Yeah April is usually around the time I start to lose interest in my franchise because of the reasons you just highlighted. Too much of my franchise's "story line" becomes 100% false. FA's signing with different teams than in my franchise, rookies being drafted by different teams than in my franchise, coaches being hired/fired differently, etc.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #24

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
I know people talk about editing rookies and the dev team has said #'s for sure but can you do equipment also? I would assume yes on the equip and no to the obvious attributes height and weight. Is this right? Also can you change their physique? Not height and weight but legsd, arms, etc?
I do recall reading that you can edit ratings and equipment. Nothing on appearance though. I sure hope we can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »