Home

Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
All-Pro

I want to ask people's thoughts about All-Pro difficulty in Madden 09 and what they think it will be like in M10. I will begin with mine.

First, some minor background. I recently started a franchise up with 10min quaters on All-Pro with "hardcore" play calling. I chose the Bears becasue I wanted to do an alternate timeline where Favre became a bear instead of a Jet. I traded the NYJets my 2ed round pick, Kyle Orton, and my 7th round pick for Favre, and their 4th and 5th rounders. Next I made some free agency moves to improve some of my weak spots. Lastly I knew I needed to get Bret a weapon other than RB Matt Forte. I decided based on story line and overall rating, I went after Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson. I gave up my 1st and 3rd rounder along with Marty Booker in return for Johnson, a 5th and 6th round pick. Now I have a great QB [88OVR but still Favre], a great RB [92 Forte] and a great WR [92OVR Johnson] with Devin hester and a great D.

Okay, so after two weeks I am 2-0 with a 41-27 win over Indy and a 31-16 win over Carolina. In both of my games I attempted about 23 passes completing most of them all and ran about 24 times with Matt Forte, about 3 FB runs and a couple back up RB runs. The computer on the other hand called only 13 runs for the colts all by Addi and 13 combined runs for the Panthers. Both times the computer threw about 35 times. Both games the computer ran for about 24 yards each and pretty much gave up on the run after half time allowing what was a close game to get out of hand in the second half. The Colts game was 17-10 Indy at the half and the Panthers game was 10 all at the half. I continued to grind away with Forte and the computer failed to do the same with their RB core and I eventually won the game. My D forcing turnovers didn't hurt either. I had over 100yrd rushing in both games and 130 against the Colts. Our ToP was nearly equal and the Colts had more ToP becasue of Manning and his audibles.

My impression has been that the computer hardly calls running plays and when they do, most of them are terrible. Also, on offense all you really need to do Is stick to a simple and fundamental game plan and you will just grind the computer away. I don't quite know what people mean by Robo qb, but it seems to me like the computer QB is either terrible or great depending on what mood the computer is in. It will make terrible choices forcing bad passes and then have an instant "comback" at the end of each half where it can do no wrong. Against Manning I wasn't upset, Manning threw 5 incompletions the whole game and 3 were picks [just like real life am I right Chargers and Patriots fans?] Against Jake Delhomme though he would look good, then terrible... then unstopable when the game was out of hand. I kinda don't get why that is, but oh well.

I honestly would like to see the computer run the ball more often, run it better [use the sprint button from time to time?!?] and stop with the silly QB play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: All-Pro

Madden 09's difficulty levels are kinda wacky, to me. There was a real lack of balance. As you said, the CPU didn't run the ball enough. I know this has been addressed.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

I think I could sum it simply by saying the CPU couldn't run to save their life on any difficulty, and they threw the ball way too effectively.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 06-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I hate the franchise cause its no challange. I put it on Above average all madden Run and avg pass and defense all the way up. Its just to easy to stop the O and not that hard to drive it down the field.
as Soon as you cross the line of that Ravens territory, Beware of that full blitz you already know the story, got coverage like ed lineback like ray and we wacco like flacco, be ready for purple reign
-Imma Go Harder then baltimore
By Mulley man
Old 06-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I think I could sum it simply by saying the CPU couldn't run to save their life on any difficulty, and they threw the ball way too effectively.
Yeah and why can they do quick cuts and quick jukes and we cant. The only running backs i had trouble stopping with the defense difficulty all the way up are AP and Jones Drew. Prolly cause they are balance backs, they always take it up the middle and then hit a quick cut, break a tackle and bop it to the outside and score long runs. LT Runs like a power back and DeAngelo Williams spins every other run and jukes at wrong times
as Soon as you cross the line of that Ravens territory, Beware of that full blitz you already know the story, got coverage like ed lineback like ray and we wacco like flacco, be ready for purple reign
-Imma Go Harder then baltimore
By Mulley man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

"Once you make the switch to All-Pro though, we really wanted to juice up the realism – accurate 40 times, accurate time in the pocket (3-5 seconds), etc. We want our All-Pro experience to really invoke another layer of strategy and planning – it shouldn’t only be about who has the best twitch skills. Football is much more of a chess match than any other sport…we can’t ignore that part of the game if we want to be the ultimate NFL simulation. I personally want Joe Cowboys Fan to be able to play Madden (and win) thanks to his knowledge of the game and strategy, and not be hampered if his “gaming skill” isn’t up to par."

This is from the horses mouth.

http://www.gameshark.com/features/60...eloper-Q&A.htm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »