Home

Am I the only one who wants to keep it realistic?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who wants to keep it realistic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #41
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Am I the only one who wants to keep it realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
I completely agree here. It's my team, they are my players and I'll do what I want. If I think Michael Turner is getting on in years and I want to try to patch something together for Adrian Peterson, then I'll do that.

I think that the trade logic should be completely reworked in order to make it so that I can't trade a 1st round pick for anyone in the game because I couldn't do it in real life, but if they fix that and the 49ers value a 1st rounder for Patrick Willis, then so be it.
Right, and from what I've read, this is the case. The Colts aren't going to let go of Peyton Manning for just some first round draft pick. The trade/draft logic has been re-worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #42
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Right, and from what I've read, this is the case. The Colts aren't going to let go of Peyton Manning for just some first round draft pick. The trade/draft logic has been re-worked.
Good. I think that is the best thing, because being able to buy anyone for a 1st round pick, it was unrealistic.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 11

If it aint sim I don't want any part of it. I don't trade players, heck if the rosters arn't accurate on NCAA (wrong QB, positions not right) I am miserable the whole time I play (example: Nebraska had cody glenn as the back up running back when he was really the starting linebacker, and this year Nebraskas back up qb is still a linebacker on the game).
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #44
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Wow, why would you not want to take the reigns of a franchise and make it your team? Do any of you watch the game from the week before and try your best to emulate it to get the right scores and stats?

I do not go out of my way to find glitches in trades, but I do build a team and try to take it all the way. If I can get that star veteran quarterback who is getting on in years for some young blood, I take it. It might mean that McNabb ends up on the Texans, but that's the way I take it.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #45
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I use NCAA draft classes so im not putting ficticious players on my team for one, also Im not going to try and load my team full of superstars no team in the NFL can afford to do that nor is any team stupid enough to, I build my team somewhat through draft somewhat through free agency and an occasional but rare trade.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 8

Considering all the things 'wrong' with sports video games that get complained about (reasonably or not), it's nice that here we are in 2009 and football videogames have come so far that so many different people can approach and play the game in so many different ways.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #47
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I play with current rosters at the start, if there any changes in real life I do not follow it with my franchise. I only add to my team if there is an injury and I need to fill the roster spot. I play up to five seasons, only Madden 2005 I played 12 franchise years.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 7

I try to keep things very realistic, i wont make any trades or anything the first season. I feel like franchise really starts in the first off-season, thats when you start to shape and mold your team.

I rarely ever make trades, so many are unrealistic, im a big fan of building through the draft, using free agency on occasion.

i hope salary cap is tough to manage like HC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »