Home

Blogs - Big news?

This is a discussion on Blogs - Big news? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:38 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Blogs - Big news?

HAS THE CHALLENGE SYSTEM BEEN FIXED?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #50
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
"I demand to know everything about the game if and when I ask and expect an immediate response. You know, because I've bought 10 Madden games which makes me the majority shareholder of EA."
If that is your parody of me, I don't get it. I mean I get the "joke," but it's premise is faulty. I hardly expect an immediate response and never asked for an immediate response. Also he bold part makes no sense at all.

We have been sold bad game after bad game for years and now that the team in charge want to actually make the best football game they can in a year, and wants to interact with the community, it is strange that some core game play mechanics have still yet to be addressed, or not very deeply. We spent more time as a community helping make Big Ben look like Big Ben. Also look at what happened before and after the video's regarding line interaction and how quickly the QB can get sacked/feel pressure. There are jerks out there, but a lot of us want to help make the game the best it can be.

Look at what Ian said about CD where LBzrule helped Ian find and use good stunt move animations to replace the bad ones. the list can go on. the fact of the matter is that there are a number things that are concidered core game play mechanics we haven't been able to really help on and the game is almost done. I was really looking forward to watching and helping break down video of this nature.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #51
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I will put it simple and straight to some of you who is not really happy with Ian at this point. Ian has done his best to please and make people happy for the most part. I am sure some people will never be happy. But ohwell that is the way the world works. Ian and donny are moving forward and getting ready for madden release. I am happy with all the improvements of the game this year and all of the blogs and videos so on. I am looking forward to the game. I really can't wait for the demo to come in july to tell you the truth. But madden crew. Ya'll have done a great job. I am also looking forward to more blogs in the coming weeks once the game is out of the way and ya'll have more time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #52
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

I just want to get some definite info on what has been done about rocket catching

((I no some people are like, "Here he goes again"...lol))
Old 07-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 50

What I want to test out is the theory of getting hidden gems in the draft.

In a blog (I think it was Donny) a dev team member said that it was possible to find quality players in the draft in the late rounds. That seems very realistic and should add some more focus and nervousness to scouting and drafting. A promise they made was that there would be a chance to find the next T. J. Houshmandzadeh, (drafted in the seventh round 204 overall and became a great wideout) players that received no publicity or much interest from other teams but later blossomed into great players.

I am hoping that finding gems comes from scouting out players thoroughly and deciphering their abilities, and not from random luck
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I don't see you as a ***** or bad guy or anything - just coming from my point of view it's just a frustrating situation when you can't please everyone. No answer to that...it will always be that way...but this year more than any year I've ever been at EA we brought the house - all of us put our heart and soul into the game and focused nearly 100% of our efforts on purely making our hardcore fans happy - so it's tough reading "that's it?"
So many of the fixes you (hopefully) have made aren't really something you can explain without having played the game. Your marketing department (and thus, the videos) aren't geared towards the hardcore fans. Even pure gameplay footage isn't the same because the tuning isn't finished, it's on a tiny little computer monitory and it's jumpy. Most importantly, we aren't feeling it.

Even pro-tak isn't really something we are going to understand until we are able to manipulate the situation. As a sentence it reads "You can now have up to 9 man gang tackles." As an experience of adding that 4th defender to the pile it will (hopefully) be more than that. Simple sentence, but something that can completely change the game.

Also, without trying to sound like a wanker, you aren't the most talented group of writers on the planet. Your game developers, so that makes a lot of sense, but that's the reality. The blogs are somewhat dry and don't really build anticipation. I think a lot of the "thats it" feeling has a lot to do with the semi-weak writing more than it has to do with the features themselves.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
Also, without trying to sound like a wanker, you aren't the most talented group of writers on the planet. Your game developers, so that makes a lot of sense, but that's the reality. The blogs are somewhat dry and don't really build anticipation. I think a lot of the "thats it" feeling has a lot to do with the semi-weak writing more than it has to do with the features themselves.
Damn dude, I got an A an AP English in High School!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #56
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

jsquigg said it just right. The more you do for people, the more they will expect. You could have NFL players hand deliver each Madden10 to peoples' doors when they preorder it, and you'd still have people complaining about why Jim Sorgi brought theirs instead of Peyton Manning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »