Home

Creating yourself: Do you or not?

This is a discussion on Creating yourself: Do you or not? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #49
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Creating yourself: Do you or not?

I used to when I was a kid. Haven't since 2k5. that game made me quit creating myself cause the franchise itself was already wonderfully entertaining. before that I always was a 99 rated QB, WR or RB. It got boring going 16-0.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #50
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I was reading the thread on what people will do first in a franchise, and I wondered something: How many people put themselves into the game (CAP)? Do you do it in a franchise? Do you create a backstory to it?
The last time I created myself in the game was Madden 2005 I was the third receiver in a three receiver set, I caught 24 passes, after three years madden retired me.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sometimes... I like to, but I never have amazing ratings lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #52
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

no way
Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #53
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_boi
naw bro, create a team on MAdden 09 was THE BEST ! you could create your team, stadium, jerseys colors, helmets,etc. I had a grudge against Arizona for demolishing carolina in the playoffs so i replaced the Cardinals with the 'Arizona Phoenix"...(colors where orange,black,white) the stadium was custom , even the field. It was GREAT, i only used them in franchise mode after i was done with the panthers and i did a fantasy draft.
my reciever line up was : Steve Smith, Calvin johnson, Bernard Berrian and Devin Hester. haha thats a automatic superbowl ! Lookin forward to this year !
What the heck version did you play? There were hardly any logos to pick from and you couldn't even put an outline on your numbers. That doesn't equal good create-a-team to me.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

i used to but now theres no more fun in watching what could have been....lol
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 10

Ive been doing this fo as long as madden has allowed it. In my single player franchise I am always the SS for the 49ers. (for years)

But also going back since SNES days me , 2 uncles, bro-in law have been playing as ourselves on defense on the same team. Only Madden 06 next gen was the only year we couldnt do this. 07-08-09 we found a little trick to allow us 4 all to play on the same team so we continued it.

I cannot wait for madden 10 to get it started up again. Hopefully the Ai is great this year so we can have more fun. 09 was not fun shutting down the cpu's run game every single game and we grew bored of the game very fast. Hope this year keeps us going strong.

In our Online Franchise we will all have ourselves created on defense on whatever team we decide to choose. Should be fun checking up on them seeing what there doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #56
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh yeah. Every single year, since Madden and NCAA '99.

I'm 6'1", and in my playing days was 225 (god, to be that weight now ). I create myself as a QB, back story and everything. Sick.

This year, to get ready for Madden, I'm playing NCAA '09 on the PS2, for one season--my senior year. For Mizzou.

Okay--told you this was sick--then KC gets involved in a three-way trade with Chicago. Cassel actually goes to Denver, Orton to KC. And the Chiefs draft me in Round 2, after trading with their 2010 Gonzalez pick to move back into Round 2 this year. Got it all figured out--I'm hitting the highlights here. I sent my 4th round pick and 2010's 2nd rounder (the Tony G. one) to Chicago to get their 2nd round pick, and they gave me Orton as part of the three-way trade.

Then drafted me. Yup. Sick. I figure Kyle Orton will hold the fort until I'm ready. I'll learn the Chiefs new playbook (ala Todd Haley), then throw myself in mid-season.

Did I mention sick?

Last edited by SalemChief; 07-02-2009 at 09:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »