Home

Potential Question

This is a discussion on Potential Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Potential Question

Is there a potential rating given to play who have already been in the NFL for some time? For example, Jay Cutler, his rating is 87, does/could he have a Potential of 99 or 95? Just using those numbers as an example, basically, does he have a maximum rating? Also, if he starts to preform very well and his potential is just say a 92, will you guys raise his potential higher in an update?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Potential Question

Im not too sure about this potential rating. But I was wondering the same thing as you. Like Mark Sanchez for example. Is there already a potential ceiling for him? How does EA judge that?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiggidy
Im not too sure about this potential rating. But I was wondering the same thing as you. Like Mark Sanchez for example. Is there already a potential ceiling for him? How does EA judge that?
Yeah it's very easy to judge potential on a player your creating, but for our favorite players it's wrong to give us Potential on real players.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

yea very true but there are many differnt players just comming out of the blue ....
Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Any word on this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

there is a potential rating for ALL players.

After a certain age the CANNOT progress any more. They WILL regress but it may be a lesser amount if they are playing well.

Adem had a really long explanation of EXACTLY how it works. But basically from rookie to a certain age they progress more, then there is a plateau period where they progress very little, then there is the decline where they start declining.

Progression takes into account there stats but I believe is capped by potential.

There you go.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
there is a potential rating for ALL players.

After a certain age the CANNOT progress any more. They WILL regress but it may be a lesser amount if they are playing well.

Adem had a really long explanation of EXACTLY how it works. But basically from rookie to a certain age they progress more, then there is a plateau period where they progress very little, then there is the decline where they start declining.

Progression takes into account there stats but I believe is capped by potential.

There you go.
I think you read the wrong word, I know how Progression works, I'm wondering how they figure out the POTENTIAL for players already in the NFL and if they increase/decrease potential during updates.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucicren
I think you read the wrong word, I know how Progression works, I'm wondering how they figure out the POTENTIAL for players already in the NFL and if they increase/decrease potential during updates.
If you're wondering how they figure out Potential than you might as well wonder how they figure out overall ratings as well and how they know that Leonard Davis is a 14 catch and Tra Thomas is a 17 catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »