Home

Can I get an official word on this?

This is a discussion on Can I get an official word on this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Can I get an official word on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
Kind of like all the exlusive DLC for the 360 huh......get over it and quit whining its part of the new age of gaming!
Uh... you have to pay for TWO copies of Madden in order to have access to this feature in the first place. Do you have to pay for two copies of Madden for 360 DLC? Thought not.

It is pure greed.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #50
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
Uh... you have to pay for TWO copies of Madden in order to have access to this feature in the first place. Do you have to pay for two copies of Madden for 360 DLC? Thought not.

It is pure greed.
It could just have something to do with the fact that the PSP's integration with the PS3 just makes it easy. I haven't played the last gen versions of Madden since 06, so I wouldn't know if they still have play creation or not. But if they do, then since the PSP version is basically a dumbed down PS2 version of Madden, it might be why this is possible.

In any event, I think that it is pretty obvious that Sony does not pay for exclusives as evidenced by the fact that they not only have stated this, but by the fact that they have lost many exclusives and almost never get exclusive DLC. So I doubt if you could call it greed on Sony's part, as I doubt that they paid EA for it. Most likely it was something that was so easy to do with the PSP/PS3 functionality that they threw the Sony consoles a bone considering how poorly they have treated the Sony consoles the last 3 or 4yrs.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
It could just have something to do with the fact that the PSP's integration with the PS3 just makes it easy. I haven't played the last gen versions of Madden since 06, so I wouldn't know if they still have play creation or not. But if they do, then since the PSP version is basically a dumbed down PS2 version of Madden, it might be why this is possible.

In any event, I think that it is pretty obvious that Sony does not pay for exclusives as evidenced by the fact that they not only have stated this, but by the fact that they have lost many exclusives and almost never get exclusive DLC. So I doubt if you could call it greed on Sony's part, as I doubt that they paid EA for it. Most likely it was something that was so easy to do with the PSP/PS3 functionality that they threw the Sony consoles a bone considering how poorly they have treated the Sony consoles the last 3 or 4yrs.

Perhaps, but this isn't a minor feature. This has been requested for years. And still, what about Head Coach 09? Would it have been so difficult to build in compatibility with the play create in 09? I can't imagine why it would.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah and that's about BS in my humble opinion. Why do this? I am not blaming you. You're the actual game designer. But clearly this is about cash. And it is infuriating, to say the least.

Why withhold a feature? I mean, this is OBVIOUSLY a ploy to get people to buy the PSP version or the PSP itself. I mean... come on. Whoever made this decision should at least try to HIDE their frothing greed for the sake of the appearance of dignity. But clearly no one can hide something so blatant.
You are 150% correct. Pure greed. As a consumer we should be embarrassed of ourselves for buying DLC or two games for a feature that was available in the 2005 version of this game. And on a side note online franchise need free agency to feel authentic, if not its just another fantasy football league
Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #53
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

Quote:
Perhaps, but this isn't a minor feature. This has been requested for years. And still, what about Head Coach 09? Would it have been so difficult to build in compatibility with the play create in 09? I can't imagine why it would.
Just throwing it out there have not heard one way or another and not trying to bash the 360 but maybe disc space was an issue. DVD's hold a max of around 9GB i think where as standard blu-ray disc's hold a minimum of 25-50GB. Perhaps there wasn't enough disc space to pack it onto the 360 disc and EA didn't want to give the PS3 the feature directly on their disc for fear of backlash from Xbox fanboys. Like I said I have no clue what the true issue is for the decision but I really don't care either if I want the feature I'll wait till the PSP version drops in price or find it used on ebay and enjoy it. Like I said exclusive content is the norm now and its not going to go away I for one think its refreshing to see the PS3 get content like this even if it means you have to spend more money. Those who want it will shell out the dough those who don't wont.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
I was just playing Madden 09 today, and was really taking a closer look at the replays, and man they are not very pretty to watch.
Jamarcus Russel scrambling down the field looked like his knees were locked and he couldn't extend them all the way on replays.

How come All Pro 2k8 has no issues like this with replays on the PS3?
And this is going to be the same on Madden 10? come on..
There really is no excuse to have replays look worse on the PS3.

Just shows you how XBOX is always the priority over at EA.. disappointing.
Money is the priority they have to get us right first because we supply the big bucks and more than likely it will be fixed this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »