Home

Which year of Madden is good?

This is a discussion on Which year of Madden is good? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Which year of Madden is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giordun
It's because Madden is one of those games that people play socially and all I do is let people score home runs on me.
Woa, if you think you score "home runs" in the NFL, you're way more green then I thought.

If I were you I'd get familiar with the sport first. Watch as many games as you can and learn the basic idea of the game. Go to wiki and study different defensive sets (3-4,4-3,4-6,cover 2,3,4,prevent etc.) Then when you get there, buy the game and play on the easiest settings in exhibition.

Sounds like alot, but if you want to be good at an NFL sim you need to know these things.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

For PS3 I would wait until Madden 10 is out and possibly buy it used.

If you have to have a football game now, buy a used PS2 and get Madden 05
Old 07-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Madden 2005 was the best so far IMO, I found a great pair of sliders for coach mode and could not put the game down, I played 12 season in franchise mode. 06 was ok with qb cone but I could never get into it. the next gen ones have been frustrating with the camera positions which I heard they have corrected and they have coach mode in this years game so my judgment is pending on this years game. I miss the
2k series because there was competition between the two companies.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Why are you guys suggesting games he can't play. He asked for specifically ones he can play on his PS3, his PS3 cannot play PS2 games.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #21
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Why are you guys suggesting games he can't play. He asked for specifically ones he can play on his PS3, his PS3 cannot play PS2 games.
A lot of people probably read the thread title rather than the OP and thought that he was just asking which year was Madden good or the best. The OP should probably go rent or buy Madden 09 (used or new) and spend 5 hours a day in practice mode with a random team while also playing exhibition games regularly. After he gets used to the game then he should probably rent Madden 10 and decide whether or not to buy it. The problem lies with him not being much of an NFL fan. If Madden doesn't interest him, APF 2k8 definitely won't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can also play Gamecube games. Is Madden NFL 2005 on the Gamecube any different?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by giordun
I can also play Gamecube games. Is Madden NFL 2005 on the Gamecube any different?
I never had a Gamecube, but I'm sure Madden 2005 plays the same on Gamecube as it does on the Xbox/PS2. I don't think that Madden 2005 is easy to find now though.

Also, you can't score home runs in Madden NFL or American football in general. You have a lot of work to!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #24
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

Madden 05 was the best madden ever imo b/c they had competition *hint hint*
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »