Home

Old 07-04-2009, 03:57 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Cover 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Remember an old thread "How real is too real" or something along the lines of that..
We could prob label something like this as being too real
Ian said that (he used an flight simulaters as an example) If u make a game too real it wouldnt be fun anymore

I think we may be heading into that same road if we add in all the read and react things on defense and offense...It would be crazy you almost had to be a coach to play the game. Think about all the stuff you would need to learn. Man I play football (5 diff positions on D) and it is crazy how much I would have to learn just about defense...Going back to the tampa 2, I didnt know near as much as I thought I knew

Whats your guys take on this????
lol u must be an offensive player huh??

i think we could have like a hardcore mode and the regular mode you know, that would be fun and challenging
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
agree with the created, and you can roll a strong side linebacker up in a 7 technique on the tight end

damn, i wish we had strong side/weak/ mike linebackers in the game, as in they switch sides depending on the strength on the field

same goes with strong safety/free safety

i wish we could have a feature where we can call the strength on the field you know, like put the strong safety on the strong side/where the tight end is and vice versa, same goes along with the lb's

like have pre play adjustments we can make for the strength in the secondary and the strength in the lb's/front seven seperately, that would be badass
I think I had an argument on this site or another one about this same thing.....They were just saying the str of the field should always be the TE and I was debating with them saying that it can be many things like , the open side of the field, the TE, the passing strenght, and others

And after about 10 dumb a$$ ideas for this, someone came up with just make it which ever way you press on the D pad where you want the strength

like i u want the str to be to the right, hit right on the D pad an soo on.....That could at least take care of the LBs....and im ok with that

Hell they prob could put this in for 11

IDK how they could put this in for safeties
Old 07-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #43
Banned

Quote:
I think I had an argument on this site or another one about this same thing.....They were just saying the str of the field should always be the TE and I was debating with them saying that it can be many things like , the open side of the field, the TE, the passing strenght, and others

And after about 10 dumb a$$ ideas for this, someone came up with just make it which ever way you press on the D pad where you want the strength

like i u want the str to be to the right, hit right on the D pad an soo on.....That could at least take care of the LBs....and im ok with that

Hell they prob could put this in for 11

IDK how they could put this in for safeties
lol it would be easy for lb's and safties, hold l2 and move the dpad whichever way, and hold r2 for safeties, yes strength of field is different on a lot of plays, especially zone blitzes

some blitzes are called to the bench side of the field and some are called to the "field"
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
lol u must be an offensive player huh??

lol...no way jose.......lol

Im a LB at heart (all 3) but I also know DE (str and wk) and DT
those are the pos ive played in games but i also rep at NG some

God I love the multiple 50 defense
Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
lol...no way jose.......lol

Im a LB at heart (all 3) but I also know DE (str and wk) and DT
those are the pos ive played in games but i also rep at NG some

God I love the multiple 50 defense
lol, to be a great player u've got to know the ins and outs of every position on the field

if you ever play college ball you'll find it out the hard way if u don't lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm afraid some of this would be considered 'too real' along with probably being incredibly difficult to program. Also completely new offensive and defensive playbooks would have to be created (God forbid).

I think the game is headed in the right direction and will hopefully get some of the 'read-react' elements implemented into the game down the road, but it will always be a lot simpler on the game than in real life. It's too bad though, because I love this stuff. It's what makes football the greatest sport (in my opinion).

I would be happy just to have defenders in zone to play smarter and have a couple options (like the covering the flat or going with the receiver deep if no one is in the flat that we talked about so much) and I'm sure having the defense line up according to the weak/strong side wouldn't be too hard.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing I'd like to know is if coverage swapping is in the game. In earlier Maddens you could take your MLB who was in a hook zone and slide him past an OLB who was in a flat zone and they'd swap so you don't have guys running all over the field crossing into each other's zones.

I think it may be called man lock but that may be a different feature.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #48
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Cover 2 is a big concern for me as well. Not because of the covereage, but from the pressure from the fron 4 lineman. That's what Cover 2 is all about. Look at the Colts for example. If Freeney or Mathis don't get pressure, that defense is toast! It should replicate that in Madden, which is why the DL pressure needs to be, and is said to be fixed. If it is, then Cover 2 imo is fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »