Home

So if I throw Pro Bowl worthy yards & TD's

This is a discussion on So if I throw Pro Bowl worthy yards & TD's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #89
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: So if I throw Pro Bowl worthy yards & TD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
There was potential similar to what M10 is trying to do BUT instead of it using a single number(or letter) to tell you how good a player might become, it gave potential for every single rating in the game. Lets take Andre Woodson for example, he starts with a 70 THA and 60 something awareness. His max those stats will ever be are 94 THA and 91 awareness. Take Matt Ryan and his starting THA is 82 and his max is 82; His awareness starts at 75/76 and maxes at 77. They also gave an overall potential that let people get a general idea of how good they might become in your system. No matter what they do they will never get stats any higher then what their max is.(this represents the "god given talent" that happens IRL and why we dont see Jerry Rice's and Micheal Jordon's every where)

As far as I can remember players did not lose their abilities until they got old.(mainly their physical abilities) which also represents what happens IRL. Many great players dont quit the game because they lose the mental aspect/could not tackle/other intangibles ect ect but because they became to slow and weak to keep up or they wanted to do something outside of football or their bodies were to hurt to keep playing.

I will say this, overall was a stat that changed very frequently. A player's overall rating was based on the players grades. These grades are size, intangibles, learning, durability, athletic, and production. Because Production is a grade that changes with the player's performance, his overall will change therefore a player who is not as talented but has a high production will be wanting to get paid a lot of money like what happens in FA IRL. The overall potential is also a grade that changes constantly because of the players performance and because of you GMs skills. These are more guideline numbers(overall and the overall potential grade) to use but the actual attributes of a player stay the same.(Example of Woodson and Ryan about THA and awareness)
Yeah I liked the way guys progressed in Head Coach. The only bad thing is that some guys would digress too much, and you'd end up with WRs with speed in the 50's and stuff.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #90
DickDalewood

OVR:

I wonder if the OP knows Sexy Rexy doesn't even play for the Bears anymore...

Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #91
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I wonder if the OP knows Sexy Rexy doesn't even play for the Bears anymore...
Yeah I know.
And to that other statement about me being a bears fan...
Im not a bears fan.Im a HUGE COWBOYS FAN!!

I forgot what team I was controling in that franchise but I signed Rex in the offseason and he was my back up,anyway the starter
got hurt and Rex took us to the playoffs and won a Super Bowl.

Then I had planned on releasing my starter because his contract was up and figures Rex could be my guy for the present and future since he did get a Super Bowl for us,but theres 1 lil problem I found....HE DIDNT PROGRESS AT ALL!!

So I resigned my starter back because his ratring was higher.
I usually play all my games,but with this gen I usually play big
divisional games or games that says Im in the playoffs or what not,Plus playoffs and if I get there the Super Bowl.
So not playing all the games like I did on PS2 I like for m starter to have a good rating for the games I sim.

But while I have been reading this thread I have a question for anyone who might have the answer.

Can you edit a players potential rating outside of Franchise mode??

Just wondering since Ian said we could edit all the ratings.

If so this would solve everything for me and Im sure others.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »