Home

More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: More Physics Issues Madden 10 vid vs NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker

Again, Madden 06 thru 09 and possibly 10 animations, momentum, and physics should be something we take for granted not something we focus on.
This is something that we agree on. 06 through 09 we can't change, though. I think Ian had a lot of crap to implement and fix before animations.

That's just my opinion.

I'm sure animations will be everyone's top priority for 11.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 7

well what did they do for madden 10 if the animations still suck and the defensive AI is suspect at best (from the gameplay vids that i have seen) and pulling lineman still cant find someone to block and o lineman still cant double team a nose tackle.

so madden 2010 has slowed down game play, improved pass rush, and put in online franchise.

how physics that were in madden 2004 and nfl 2k5 are not in madden 2010 is beyond me.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #59
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
this thread is downright ridiculous.

Conspiracy theories, people pointing out whats been pointed out time and time before, and people arguing whether fixes are...well to be honest, I'm not quite sure what that argument is about.

I'm seriously going to ask this question...whats the point?
Well hopefully the ignore list has no limit. I've gradually filled it up.
Just tired of all the "look at me" threads/posts.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #60
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
this thread is downright ridiculous.

Conspiracy theories, people pointing out whats been pointed out time and time before, and people arguing whether fixes are...well to be honest, I'm not quite sure what that argument is about.

I'm seriously going to ask this question...whats the point?
It is ridiculous people pointing out whats been pointed out time and time before. These things should've been corrected by now, but sadly Madden 10 is basically gold and here it is still showing terrible physics and scary break tackle ratings.

I can't believe your seriously asking that question either. How can you have a game as sim as possible if anybody can power though tackles or not get knocked back when met by two lbs?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How about playing actual gameplay footage vs watching it?

Hey ROADMAN, i have been playing the game for 20 years. If you can't tell from watching actual gameplay footage that this is the same game, yet again, with a few tweaks and additions (EA Tiburon's business model) then i don't know what to tell you.

It will be exactly like its been for many years now. Improved from last year, but basically the same ol Madden we have played for many years now. Its old, dated, tired. I'm not saying its a terrible game, there is just nothing new, fresh, or innovative. I mean its the SAME EXACT PLAYBOOKS for how many years now? Again? (Big deal, they added the wildcat!)

I don't know how long you have been playing Madden. We all have our own opinions. Im just tired of this game, engine, multiple engines, whatever you want to call it. I want a newer, fresher, innovative NFL experience. This game is stale man.

Somebody on these forums hit it right on the had (DAT SWAG), Madden has become McDonalds. You order a Big Mac anywhere around the world in any McDonalds and you know EXACTLY what to expect. What Tiburon does to that Big Mac is changes the toppings every year,but its still a big mac.

Me, im tired of the big mac, been eating it for years. Im in the mood for an aged, prime STEAK. With savory appetizers, sides, and even gourmet dessert. Something new and better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 50

Madden is still making tackle breaking too easy. If you are wrapped up by the defense, its very hard to just truck through them like that.

I used to be the Left outside Linebacker in highschool and unless you tried to tackle high, it was fairly easy to get someone on the ground. High tackles were usually used to cause fumbles (by "high" I mean around the waist-to chest area).

This may sound dumb but I believe Ea should get rid of the Hit Stick altogether. My reason being, defenders don't tackle low for a big hit, it's for leverage and/or to take out their legs. That being said, Defenders break down into a stance to tackle low, and not run straight up and then get a big hit on their legs. I think the hit stick should be changed into a tackle-aiming stick. Instead of trying to hit stick Brandon Jacobs and getting bounced off, we should be able to time a low tackle and get his huge *** on the ground. High tackles should be able to cause a fumble though (the reason is obvious) but should be less consistent at getting big backs on the ground.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #63
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well hopefully the ignore list has no limit. I've gradually filled it up.
Just tired of all the "look at me" threads/posts.
That's just about the only good thing that comes from these threads. I can see what new angry child, or ridiculous rhetoric spewing "e-badass" I can banish from my reading list today.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Hey ROADMAN, i have been playing the game for 20 years. If you can't tell from watching actual gameplay footage that this is the same game, yet again, with a few tweaks and additions (EA Tiburon's business model) then i don't know what to tell you.

It will be exactly like its been for many years now. Improved from last year, but basically the same ol Madden we have played for many years now. Its old, dated, tired. I'm not saying its a terrible game, there is just nothing new, fresh, or innovative. I mean its the SAME EXACT PLAYBOOKS for how many years now? Again? (Big deal, they added the wildcat!)

I don't know how long you have been playing Madden. We all have our own opinions. Im just tired of this game, engine, multiple engines, whatever you want to call it. I want a newer, fresher, innovative NFL experience. This game is stale man.

Somebody on these forums hit it right on the had (DAT SWAG), Madden has become McDonalds. You order a Big Mac anywhere around the world in any McDonalds and you know EXACTLY what to expect. What Tiburon does to that Big Mac is changes the toppings every year,but its still a big mac.

Me, im tired of the big mac, been eating it for years. Im in the mood for an aged, prime STEAK. With savory appetizers, sides, and even gourmet dessert. Something new and better.
I've been playing the game for the past 20 years as well, so, what is your point on that one?

I'm not going to sit here and go over the additions with you, but in my eyes, a lot has changed from 09 to 10, not a little, but a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know it's the exact same playbooks you had last year? I know that they added some plays offensively to the Packers that I suggested.

90% of the wishlist for 10 Ian put together was implemented into the game, but you want to tell the whole world there was a few tweaks here and there.

If you don't want the Big Mac this year, don't order it. That way, your taste buds will be relieved not having the same ole same ole year after year. If that is the way you feel about Madden this year, no use ordering it on your plate.

I hope I'm the one enjoying the juicy steak this year.

By the way, I don't care if anyone calls Madden stale based on the past, but too premature to call 10 stale until you play it.

Last edited by roadman; 07-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »