Home

What is "enough demand"? (Re: Online Franchise salary cap/contracts)

This is a discussion on What is "enough demand"? (Re: Online Franchise salary cap/contracts) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: What is "enough demand"? (Re: Online Franchise salary cap/contracts)

Enough demand is simply a PR/Marketing way of saying it's not getting done. Period. Maybe next year, but definitely not this year. They just won't say it. And they will persist in calling the feature "online franchise" even though these key items are missing. This is the very definition of a broken feature.

If you can figure out some decent house rules, and if you have a good group of league mates, you can get by this year and make it work.

Tempered optimism is the smartest approach to future iterations in this regard. Remember, The Show has had a broken DL issue for years, and we've all known and complained about it.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #10
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

maybe a thread with 500+ replies is enough demand?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #11
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Enough demand is simply a PR/Marketing way of saying it's not getting done. Period. Maybe next year, but definitely not this year. They just won't say it. And they will persist in calling the feature "online franchise" even though these key items are missing. This is the very definition of a broken feature.

If you can figure out some decent house rules, and if you have a good group of league mates, you can get by this year and make it work.

Tempered optimism is the smartest approach to future iterations in this regard. Remember, The Show has had a broken DL issue for years, and we've all known and complained about it.
Except 'Enough Demand' was coined by the OP and has nothing to do with EA..................................

They said they wanted to get this in, but felt that full stat tracking and remote access were more important. That said that point blank.

They want to patch in, but said don't hold your breaths.

Bottom line is that its not in. Not because there's not enough demand, thats a stupid thing to say, but because it was not in their timeframe to put it in.......................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Except 'Enough Demand' was coined by the OP and has nothing to do with EA..................................

They said they wanted to get this in, but felt that full stat tracking and remote access were more important. That said that point blank.

They want to patch in, but said don't hold your breaths.

Bottom line is that its not in. Not because there's not enough demand, thats a stupid thing to say, but because it was not in their timeframe to put it in.......................
No, Ian has said a couple of times that things like Pre-season games and other features will be added in the future to Online Franchise if enough demand is shown.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
No, Ian has said a couple of times that things like Pre-season games and other features will be added in the future to Online Franchise if enough demand is shown.
But he knows that everyone wants a salary cap and working CPU trades and free agency.

PS. no one cares about pre-season.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchOfThePigs
first off i want to say that it appears tiburon has done an awesome job with online franchise. to add this mode in one years time is pretty impressive.

i know people are saying it's not a true online franchise and blah blah blah because of no cap/salaries but that's not true. it's still better than any other sports games online league/dynasty mode.

i am running a 32 man league and we have some ideas on how to work around the salary cap problem but it's going to take a lot of work. now donny/ian have said a few times that they can patch things server side and if there is enough demand they will do it.

my question is "what is enough demand?" do we need to be emailing EA? do we need to be making post after post? it's pretty clear that they already realize there is a high demand amongst those who plan to play online franchise. i can't think of a reason people WOULDN'T want it in.

i just want to know if the "if there's enough demand we'll patch" is along the same lines of the "hardcore gamer" patch from last years game that never came out. i would hate to go to all the trouble of organizing a free agency system, cap, contracts and then have a patch comes out that fixes it (well, i wouldn't HATE it, but it would suck to have wasted that time doing it).

so, what's it going to take?
btw, whats your salary cap idea?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #15
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Personally I want everything I have in offline franchise. Draft classes, free agency, sal cap, pre season. I'm giving online franchise a go this year but I think alot of this stuff won't be in until Madden 11. I always have "plans" with my drafts and free agency before the game even comes out. So it would be fun to compete with a real person to draft R.Griffin III from Baylor to play for the Cowboys. Or compete for the same free agent and see were he wants to go more, or who offers more money. That the fun part. It would make it harder to fill holes a build your team.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #16
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
But he knows that everyone wants a salary cap and working CPU trades and free agency.

PS. no one cares about pre-season.
P.S. I never said I wanted pre-season I was only paraphrasing what he said about pre-season. Your holier than thou attitude isn't necessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »