Home

Anyone else feel this is like year 1 of next-gen madden?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel this is like year 1 of next-gen madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #33
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Anyone else feel this is like year 1 of next-gen madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Very true bro. They did rebuild from the ground up. But it seems people are still not happy from they have seen in these videos. Yes the presention in madden is not yet there. But it will get there next year. BTW matt the presention part was not aimed at you bro. I was aiming it at the guy who said the 2K presention was better then madden 10. But this is madden first good presention. By next year madden 11 presention will be off the wall. But overall madden 10 is looking real good. It might have some problems when it comes out. But that can be addressed through DLC patches. But the game itself will be real good.
I'm not focused on next year. Madden 10's presentation is definitely there. It is just lacking an AWESOME halftime show with commentary and highlights for the Extra Point in franchise mode. Everything else is top notch to me.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #34
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I'm not focused on next year. Madden 10's presentation is definitely there. It is just lacking an AWESOME halftime show with commentary and highlights for the Extra Point in franchise mode. Everything else is top notch to me.

It's missing more then that, alot more. But yes, it's getting better. I personally wont be satisfied until Madden is equal or better then 2K5 in that department.

Something I hope Ian accomplishes next year.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #35
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
It's missing more then that, alot more. But yes, it's getting better. I personally wont be satisfied until Madden is equal or better then 2K5 in that department.

Something I hope Ian accomplishes next year.
What else is missing in terms of presentation for it to be better than 2k5's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #36
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

Isn't the next console release due in like 2012 or somthing like that that would suck because that would mean we could only enjoy about three good iterations of Madden (10-12) before new consoles come out with even more power. IDK maybe its not that big of a deal.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:06 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 13

Some of you guys have standards that are just unrealistic. Every video game is flawed. There were plenty of issues with last gen Maddens and there are with this one. There will be with 11, 12, 13, and the list goes on. Madden will never be perfect. No video game will. The guys at EA are doing the best they can. Too many people look at EA as the evil empire. To me, I'm grateful that they're still improving the game. With no competition, they could completely ignore the whiners out there and put out the exact same product year in and year out. I promise they'd still make money doing that. But they don't do that. They pay teams upon teams to work on this single game year round. Ian and his team have done all they can and are still working to improve the game. They come to guys like us on this forum and do the best they can.

Now you may read this and think I'm sucking up to EA. Not so. I'm just making the observation that you guys seem to have forgotten - this Madden looks to be the best we've ever had. EA isn't sitting in their corporate offices laughing deviously at their millions of Madden minions. They're putting guys like Ian into the lions den. They want to put out a good product and I feel like they are.

Sorry for the rant. Carry on.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 AM   #38
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Just think about it Matt.The commentary still needs improvement,the cutscenes are nice,but the Extra Point is a little overhyped as long as there is no commentary for the highlights and such.Yes it is a great step in the righ direction,but it has not knocked 2K5 off the mantle yet.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Commentary for sure.. other than that, the 2K5 presentation will be null & void compared to M10
Old 07-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #40
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
Just think about it Matt.The commentary still needs improvement,the cutscenes are nice,but the Extra Point is a little overhyped as long as there is no commentary for the highlights and such.Yes it is a great step in the righ direction,but it has not knocked 2K5 off the mantle yet.
Yeah, but I asked what else is missing besides that in terms of presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »