Home

An Idea to make kicking more realistic (and challenging)

This is a discussion on An Idea to make kicking more realistic (and challenging) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: An Idea to make kicking more realistic (and challenging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
APF Kicking game was very crappy. I could not even figure it outhow to use it. My kicks kept going short on kick offs. No meter= crappy kicking system. Yes the current madden kicking system does need to be redone. But that can be done next year. It's fine for this year.
It was fairly easy if you read the manual. I was kicking 50 yarders in harsh wind when I got the hang of it. All you have to do is practice field goals for 30 minutes for two consecutive days and you'll be good quickly. Either way, I still don't play apf
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
It was fairly easy if you read the manual. I was kicking 50 yarders in harsh wind when I got the hang of it. All you have to do is practice field goals for 30 minutes for two consecutive days and you'll be good quickly. Either way, I still don't play apf

So you could easily kick 50 yarders in harsh wind on APF? Hmm. Yeah that system would surely fix the problem of being able to kick 50 yarders in harsh wind on Madden. Oh... wait.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:02 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
APF Kicking game was very crappy. I could not even figure it outhow to use it. My kicks kept going short on kick offs. No meter= crappy kicking system. Yes the current madden kicking system does need to be redone. But that can be done next year. It's fine for this year.
i guess...i never found it difficult after the 1st couple games. i liked it, if your timing was off or you slip up your kick is off...doesn't seem like a bad thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Yeah i know i was talking about m11. And i still want a meter to see how powerful and accurate your kick is. I just think that you should hold down the stick when your gearing up and then flick it when you want to launch it. I think the meter should tell you when to flick it up. However I think that just by flicking it your accuracy goes down a little and makes it harder when you're kicking it from far away/ punting/ kicking it off... which then makes it more realistic because it's not that easy kicking in the NFL.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #13
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I hate to break this to you guys... but you're never going to get a challenging kicking system. It's a game. Eventually you'll figure out the perfect timing/flicking/whatever skill and kicks will be easy again. APF's meter-less system was difficult for about 2 games, then you were right back to hitting everything again.

The best way to have kickers missing kicks is to base it purely on ratings and take it completely out of the players hands. Then you have to actually make an effort to keep a good kicker on your team.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I hate to break this to you guys... but you're never going to get a challenging kicking system. It's a game. Eventually you'll figure out the perfect timing/flicking/whatever skill and kicks will be easy again. APF's meter-less system was difficult for about 2 games, then you were right back to hitting everything again.

The best way to have kickers missing kicks is to base it purely on ratings and take it completely out of the players hands. Then you have to actually make an effort to keep a good kicker on your team.
Good point. But i'd rather go through the kicking myself.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 07-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

dont agree with RAIIIIIIIDEEEEERRRRRS

bring back madden 2003 engine

i remember taht it was tough to kick at ALL MADDEN those 50 Yarders

ea give us the ability to choose between 2 kicking engine

1 Kicking Engine = Actual in Madden (easy one)
2 Kicking engine in Madden 2003 + Icing the kicker (i think people you will shake a little bit when attempting this on ALL MADDEN)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
Quote:

Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now

So you could easily kick 50 yarders in harsh wind on APF? Hmm. Yeah that system would surely fix the problem of being able to kick 50 yarders in harsh wind on Madden. Oh... wait.
One question though, how did you get out that quote that he could EASILY kick 50 yarders in harsh wind. Nowhere did he say that he was easily kicking them, nor did he even say he was making them. He was just pointing out thats when he learned how to kick. I just don't get how people pull things out of thin air like this....sounds like my wife, haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »