Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #73
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: New Madden 10 Blog

All sounds good. Hopefully there are no hiccups in this newer setup. I would hate for the AI to become too predictable in it's approach. Still, it's definitely good news and another thing to look forward too. Once again, my wavering opinion on the game aside, I continue to be pleased with the attention this team has seemed to put into this iteration.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 26
I Kno Rite.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #75
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

Man Ive been wanting for this for a while. Wish we could set tendencies too though

If this comes out bug-free...it should be a considerable upgrade for Offline Play

Great Blog Today

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 26

I always used to put Welker as my third receiver.
Problem solved

Just call me Sanchez
Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #77
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13
Well that was cool blog, hopefully it works. The next step would be to update the playing percentage as the real season goes along and ability to expand the playbooks as team reveal new formation and play calls.
sorta like they do with nba live and dna thing...good idea

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 07-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 12

Thanks for the Blog Larry Richart! OK here is my criticism and questions. For starters let me ask, why does the predator look like the basic 3-4 defense? I mean, I know its supposed to be something like a "4-3 Strong" but I was hoping it would look more like the pure 4-3 with all the LBs line up behind the Dline. For some reason its just a minor detail that for some reason annoys me. Also when it comes to nickel plays for 3-4 defenses and the defense lines up in a 4 down lineman look does the WOLB line up at LDE? And do they remove the NT and add a pass rushing DT instead like most 3-4 teams do in real life? OK I also see that you guys have added a ton of plays (I noticed a lot of new plays on the E3 videos!) so since you guys added percentages and a "pool of plays" for the AI Playcalling does that mean that there will be certain plays or formations that the CPU will not call because they technically do not fall on the CPU play calling? Also since teams like the Eagles prefer to do more zone blitzing than lets say the Titans are their playbooks going to have a lot more zone blitz plays? Or are they all exactly the same and the only thing that varies is their play calling? Thanks! I just preordered my copy of Madden 10.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13
Well that was cool blog, hopefully it works. The next step would be to update the playing percentage as the real season goes along and ability to expand the playbooks as team reveal new formation and play calls.
In the franchise mode, updating the playing percentage would be useless as for instance lets say 10 seasons into your franchise the Pats have a below average qb and a stud running back, they would be running more. Wow, I love the fact that that can happen now in franchise But it would deff. be nice to get it updated for quick games against the cpu.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

all i have to say is...one small step for EA
one giant step for madden gamers everywhere

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »