Home

Speed Guide

This is a discussion on Speed Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Speed Guide

We'd have Madden 09 all over again with unstretched ratings. And Pat White as fast as Michael Vick.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

Speed is speed. If you are fast then you should have a rating that represents that and if you are slow then you should have a rating that represents that. Your position should not be a factor because speed is universal.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

okay, i see we are dead set on making things extreme.

so the pat white v. mike vick. i would say 95% of QBs fall into the 55 (Peyton) to 70 (brady Quinn(ish?)) range. the rest either fall below or above that range. for most of the QBs who dont run a forty or arent known for their exceptional speed, have them fall in that range. for Mike Vick, rate him at 94, for Pat White (monosyllabic running QBs? awesome.) put him at 85 or w/e. I'm just saying that we can't continue to have these positional discrepancies so why not have a guide that makes this easier to portray on the field for the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Speed is speed. If you are fast then you should have a rating that represents that and if you are slow then you should have a rating that represents that. Your position should not be a factor because speed is universal.
^ This says it all. There are fast QBs, slow WRs, fast TEs, it doesn't matter. Are you guys saying that guys like Patrick Willis and Lawrence Timmons should be 80 speed because they are LBs?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

^^didn't read at all.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
^^didn't read at all.
I didn't have to read very much to see what a bad idea it was. I had no idea what you meant by "THs" and even with the fastest LBs at up to 85, it still doesn't even come close to doing these guys justice. Patrick Willis is as fast as anybody in the NFL. He would just tire out a lot faster than a smaller WR or CB.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 26

I really struggle to understand your concept about speed. Honestly, it does not matter if you weigh 180 pounds and run a 4.52(a CB that wont make it in the NFL) or if you weigh 270 pounds and run a 4.52(Adalius Thomas)

Both players are arriving at the 40 yard mark in 4.52 seconds. Regardless of what position they play or how much they weigh they both reach the same destination at the exact same time.

The big difference is I would not want to be in the way of Adalius Thomas at full speed compared to the 180 player because he will have a lot more momentum.

I understand that 40 yard times are not exact science to speed but it is the perfect example of why there is no need for any type of scale for speed. If you are fast then you are fast. Meaning you get whatever rating you deserve to get because speed is universal.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 07-08-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

I think what hes saying, is dememtrius is faster then ray ray..and should have a higher speed rating or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »