Home

Madden NFL Hall of Fame Launches Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Hall of Fame Launches Tomorrow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #49
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL Hall of Fame Launches Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
one thing i wanna say what he did was awful but he does deserve a second chance, but i hate when people try to act like he was a good QB, he was a great ATHLETE but an average at best qb and if black athletes that want to play qb they should look up to guys that could actually play the position well above average like Warren Moon, Steve McNair, or even Donavan McNabb. now was vick a playmaker and exciting to watch but if you take away the running ability hes a second stringer maybe even a 3rd on some teams it amazes me that he could really never get going in the passing game because the falcons always were leading the league in rushing so teams im sure would load the box and it they still couldnt get much from the passing game.
Agreed. He did an awful thing. He seems full of remorse. Give him 1 last chance. If he screws up, ban him for life from the NFL. Everyone deserves 2nd chances. Yes, as a falcon fan, I hated him before he dog thing because he was a TERRIBLE QB. Great athlete, terrible at the QB position. This was me on Sundays.
There was a time when Atlanta had the stupidest QB's of all-time(Reggie Ball and Mike Vick). Seriously, the guy has potential at another position. He's a fantastic athlete. He has a rocket arm, but he can't aim the thing and he doesn't even know where to throw it.

Rant over.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:12 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 33

After watching some Vick highlights of his running plays, you can see that the oline was terrible. Vick isn't even out of his playaction and he has 3 dudes in his face. And Vick was amazing from broken play.

I don't think Vick trusted his line. HIs was uncomfortable in the pocket, because his line was bad.

It didn't help him that Roddy White was dropping balls, and all he had was a TE. Vick made Crumpler a Probowl TE (where is he now).

He was a mediocre passer in the games. But you could see he had potential to pass. It seemed like he didn't trust his O-line.

Thats one perspective on that.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRICH
This is actually pretty cool for the people who have been playing Madden for years.
Exactly! You young bucks should just shut your mouths, pay attention, and maybe you'll actually learn something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Some of John Madden's "Maddenism's" for sure.
My two favorite Maddenism's were both from the same year, and yet I cannot remember which year it was. If I looked back at stats, I could probably figure it out, but one year, Madden had a little bit he'd say about a handfull of players. One of those was the late Carolina Panthers' RB, Fred Lane.

"That's old Fred Lane from Lane College...Lane from Lane!"

The other involved Dorsey Levins, and Madden mentioning his nickname was "Dorse the Horse!".

Good times!

BTW - This thread is actually ABOUT the Hall of Fame, not whether or not there should be one. One person has already lost their Madden Forum access because of this thread. Who wants to be the next?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #52
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

*Tribute to Passing Windows

*Best 16-Bit Madden Theme
My vote:

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-07-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gotta have a section for the best Madden-isms that you heard over and over.

"Back in the old days they would put stickum on their hands. Now they got those gloves."
Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

So we get to celebrate stupid glitches like the Brett Favre moonwalk, the Ambulance running players over, players running through the stands and the hurry-up glitch that forces and off-sides every play?

This is the big news?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #55
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
So we get to celebrate stupid glitches like the Brett Favre moonwalk, the Ambulance running players over, players running through the stands and the hurry-up glitch that forces and off-sides every play?

This is the big news?
Whatever dude. It is fun to have a discussion about all the stuff that has made Madden cool for most of us and some things that just really piss you off. No one said had to be what you wanted to hear, but seriously why come here with such a crappy attitude? Why not have fun with it instead and it just may become big news after all.

Here is one that really made me mad last year: Played this dude who would step up in the pocket like he was gonna run, then some how may safety 40 yards down field would magically stop covering the post route and play the run. Well then the Online player upon seeing this would heave a bomb 40 yards for a score he did this to me like three times. Man I am still mad about that.

Last edited by unisol_us; 07-07-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Maybe the glitches/exploits can be put in a "Hall of Shame" wing of the HOF

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »