Home

Possible Online Flaw

This is a discussion on Possible Online Flaw within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Possible Online Flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
that doesnt look like a final build, the Bears dont even have logos on their helmets

The logo is missing because its a throwback. It obviously isn't the final build but it came from E3 so it's close. Pick any E3 video though and watch the line play. ALmost every one shows a lineman do something like this at some point. You really see it most on run plays that involve pulling guards tho.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1216
this is definite game breaker for me if blocking sucks again this year. blocking needs to be more organic, not robotic (like everything else is madden). the problem with blocking in madden is this.

let say a gaurd has to go block the D-tackle and the O-tackle has to block the end, and the fullback has to pick up the linebacker. in madden, the guard will go block the end, the tackle with TRY to block the saftey, and the fullback will TRY to block the linebacker opposite of the direction of the play. i wont even bother to mention what the receivers do on runs because regardless of who the receiver is{example:hines ward}, they all 'block' the same(block meaning that they do nothing, or just get laid out) the blocking 'system' is just terrible, thus making running the ball non-existent (APF 2k8 did it, and that games 2 years old!)

and the thing with the center doing that twist pissed me off too, because he pretty much just took himself out of the play.
Actually real life football blocking is a lot more complicated than just having the Tackle block the End and the Guard blocking the LB or whom ever is in front of them. Take a look at this:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9933863/Ur...se-Description

That is from the Meyer Spread which is what the Patriots actually incorporate in their "spread offense." As you can see on some of the plays at times the Oline is asked to completely ignore the DEs. Madden doesn't capture true football running plays and assignments by neither the offense or defense, I can understand why though.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
that doesnt look like a final build, the Bears dont even have logos on their helmets

Retro jerseys I believe. And regardless, its close to a final build which means it more than likely won't get looked at, let alone fixed due to the tweaking on the "exciting" pro tak system they have now that apparently fixed the blocking.

I dunno.... the more vids I watch of 10, it looks exactly like I'm watching 09. Only difference is that its slowed down, takes 9ppl to bring down a WR, and there is somewhat of a pocket for the QB to sit in. Other than that, GAMEPLAY wise... its the same game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

That video coincides with the points RMoody was making in the other thread...this is a huge flaw in fundamental gameplay.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Nothing against Ian and company, they have been doing a great job imo. But it is funny how when things like THIS, and Moody's videos come up in here, they are nowhere to be found, let alone respond to them. Doesn't this give you some clue that maybe, just maybe... these issues aren't fixed.

Common sense tells me that if the devs aren't defending the Madden 10 videos showing major gameplay flaws, then it must mean their going to be there in the final build. And by the way, I'm sure the final build is prolly done by this point in the phase. Only things they may work on are VERY minor details in the game. They are prolly done working with pro tak, and the blocking logic in the game(which prolly didn't get looked at, other than creating a pocket). They aren't working on major gameplay issues. They are fixing the bugs they see, and all that stuff. Then 3 weeks or so after its released unfinished obviously, they will release a patch for about 500 things.

Why don't they just wait until September to release the game?? Say a week before the season starts. Considering the season is starting a little later than normal this year anyway. Get that extra month or so into working, have more updated rosters. I'm sure most of us would be willing to wait an extra 3 weeks to get a better game, than a rushed unfinished game with a patch in 3 weeks.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 19

Not exactly of any relevance... But during some point in a gameplay video, I could've swore I saw an achievement called "Nano" pop up.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 39

Because that would shorten the time for MAdden 11 development...robbing from Peter to pay Paul
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Look at the guard lined up across from the user controlled dlineman at the 1:40 mark of this vid.

[doHTML]

[/doHTML]

The guard looks totally lost and lets the lineman right in. If the lineman do this kind of stuff when faced with blitzes, and the dropbacks are out of the players control, we have a problem.
that's horrible. and i know people are going to say that this is an older build. well lets see a vid where thing kind of bs doesn't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »