Home

We still go to Ask Madden on 4th down?!?

This is a discussion on We still go to Ask Madden on 4th down?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: We still go to Ask Madden on 4th down?!?

If 'Ask Madden' still must be in the game, can we at least get it to provide the proper variety of plays?

I absolutely hate having to scroll through four screens worth of duplicate 'Punt Return Center' plays to find the one 'Punt Return Left' option.

There should be...

first page:
Punt Return Left - Punt Return Center - Punt Return Right
second page:
Punt Block Zone - Punt Block - Punt Block Man

-or-

first page:
Fake Punt Pass - Punt - Fake Punt Run
second page:
Max-Protect Punt Pass - Max Protect Punt - Max-Protect Punt Run

etc...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 07-09-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Well this what happened every time in 09.

On 4th down, you knew a person was gonna punt if they press their playcall immediately.

But if it took like 10 seconds to make their playcall, you knew it would be a fake punt run.

Wouldn't it better better if instead of 3 Field Goal formations,

they give you FG KICK, Fake FG Pass, Fake FG run, in the same screen.

In madden 09, this would be a give away coz it would take 10 seconds to pick fake fg pass or run.

Same with PUNTING. You had 4 plays that were exactly the same.

Why not have. PUNT, FAKE PUNT PASS, FAKE PUNT RUN, FAKE PUNT ENDAROUND.

Instead of PUNT, PUNT , PUNT, PUNT.

Stupid.
lmao yes. thank you

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 16

I just hope when my online opponent chooses a Special Teams play, my screen tells me SPECIAL TEAMS, instead of 0 WR 0 TE 1 RB or whatever.

-SeventhWard
Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
+1 for the bold part.

I'm assuming you mean SHOULDN'T be an option. If so, then yes I agree 100%. Hardcore is HARDCORE. No hardcore player uses ask Madden. In fact, if you're really hardcore, ask madden is a step back as far as playcalling goes. Just something to tweak for 11.
You are correct, and thank you. I fixed it via an edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
I just hope when my online opponent chooses a Special Teams play, my screen tells me SPECIAL TEAMS, instead of 0 WR 0 TE 1 RB or whatever.

-SeventhWard
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Exonerated[/b]] [...]
Why not have. PUNT, FAKE PUNT PASS, FAKE PUNT RUN, FAKE PUNT ENDAROUND.

Instead of PUNT, PUNT , PUNT, PUNT.

Stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
If 'Ask Madden' still must be in the game, can we at least get it to provide the proper variety of plays?

I absolutely hate having to scroll through four screens worth of duplicate 'Punt Return Center' plays to find the one 'Punt Return Left' option.

There should be...

first page:
Punt Return Left - Punt Return Center - Punt Return Right
second page:
Punt Block Zone - Punt Block - Punt Block Man

-or-

first page:
Fake Punt Pass - Punt - Fake Punt Run
second page:
Max-Protect Punt Pass - Max Protect Punt - Max-Protect Punt Run

etc...
All of you guys and more get a serious +1, QFT, and all that jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
It's more accessible to use Ask Madden, but ugh, I hate it. Thanks for reminding me, I am going to try to figure out something for a patch.
Thank you for the reply Ian, and I hope some of the answers listed above are possible, up to an including the ability to just turn ask madden off for Hardcore playcalling. If I recal there is a "normal" play calling mode. That can have ask Madden, though I also think that should have the various options instead of just FG, FG, FG. IMO, if players chose Hardcore playcalling and make mistakes they can either live with their mistakes and burn that time out, or chose normal playcalling. If you're gonna call yourself "hardcore" then you had better be able to know how to call ST plays correctly.

A little off topic, but I hope that STs play gets some serious attention for M11. STs has had little to no love in Madden and NFL games for years, if ever. We need reverse, fake reverse and other options. Coaches will tell you for all the game planing STs can be the deciding factor in the game. Just ask Tony Romo, Devin Hester, Adam Vinatieri, Mike Scifres, etc. As of 09, STs play is very simple and mostly mistake free.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
To be honest this is one of the things I'm most upset about.

We actually had it changed but we didn't have support to have it default you into the special teams formation on 4th down or extra point. So you'd score a TD and by default you'd be in I-Form or something (whatever you ran last)...and so many people are used to just hammering the button on Extra Point without looking they would end up going for 2 all the time and have to burn a timeout. I really wish we could have found a way around this but we didn't have a way to default into the Special Teams formation without a per-playbook hack.

It's more accessible to use Ask Madden, but ugh, I hate it. Thanks for reminding me, I am going to try to figure out something for a patch.

Ian why not just give us the special team's formation on 4th down? So the first option should be kick field goal (for those that like to just hammer the bottom for the extra point). Then the other two potions should be a fake FG run and a fake field goal pass. Same thing when punting the ball, the field punt play, than a fake punt run and a fake punt pass. I mean you guys did add those plays for a reason.

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 21

Here's what he should say when you use "Ask Madden" on 4th down:

Grow a set, kid! Go for it!

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 07-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Here's what he should say when you use "Ask Madden" on 4th down:

Grow a set, kid! Go for it!
lol. I'd have a heart attack from laughter if it ever said that.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #24
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

A little off topic, but I hope that STs play gets some serious attention for M11. STs has had little to no love in Madden and NFL games for years, if ever. We need reverse, fake reverse and other options. Coaches will tell you for all the game planing STs can be the deciding factor in the game. Just ask Tony Romo, Devin Hester, Adam Vinatieri, Mike Scifres, etc. As of 09, STs play is very simple and mostly mistake free.
I'm gonna go off topic with ya and say I would like to see this as well. There is a certain strategic element to special teams and that is missing from madden. The kick return options are basic at best and fg's are a piece of cake for most. I'd really like to have to think before taking a 55 yd fg one day. Right now, if it's under 60, it's almost automatic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »