Home

Old 07-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Mini-Camp

They need to have players progress after the preseason. That would help out your bench and that is some of the only action these player see all year anyway and can help you develop players.

With the mini camps you could get your players good way to easy. Maybe if they lowered the point scale or something.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
i only like this idea if the cpu teams can use it to. If not it's just an unfair advantage.
+1

It's an unfair advantage...plain and simple. You could turn your mid round draft pick into a pro bowl player after just a few seasons regardless of his play on the field. All you needed was good stick skills and a good knowledge of each of the mini camp mini games. It's also an unfair advantage for players with better stick skills in multiple user dynasties. At least in a game if a player has lesser stick skills he can try to win with some kind of strategic play calling. There's no hope when it comes to the mini camp for those with lesser stick skills. I wouldn't have a problem with it affecting your potential rating somewhat, but I don't like the idea of getting points and putting them where you want them. Just seems like something that just favors humans over the cpu, mainly those humans with better stick skills.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
madden needs to add 80 man rosters and bring position battles back so the preseason matters cuz right now its doesnt at all.

in the nfl the preseason is used to set a teams roster in madden the roster is already at 54 so no need to play preseason at all
I never played pre season games until they implemented the battles. Wish it would come back. Cool to see two guys close in their overall rating battle for a spot, helped me out alot. But the mini camps themselves, never really had any interest in them. I'm fine either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

I'd like to see more rpg-ish elements in a football game actually.. sorta like 2k5 did but i think more indepth elements then what 2k5 did would make Madden spectacular.

Now what i mean by RPG-ish elements (role-playing elements) are things like this...

1. Before season, preseason,etc have more stuff like mini camps from previous maddens but even more stuff..training, gym room workouts that can slightly raise player attributes,set specific diets for players and having the ability to do various therapy tasks to help injured players speed up their recovery back into the starting lineup,etc

2. Before season, preseason,etc have visits to other NFL teams headquaters for negations on player trades,etc

3. During season, during the week have various workouts, training, practice,etc..but not exactly how NFL2k5 did it, take it to the next level and instead of just putting up a simple screen with sliders to adjust what aspects of mid week training,practice adjusts/improvements we can tweak.. have actual training, guys lifting weights,actual practices,etc..sorta like stuff Fight Night 4 has for training before the next big fight.

4. After a season in franchise..during the off season.. again have negotiations with players, other teams for possible trades,etc. Instead of just showing a screen with a bunch of text as a simple gui..actually show coaches sitting down in another team's office with other head coaches of other teams where these trades and negotiations can be worked out ..it would be fun even as little as it may seem ..

5. Have a real scene/segment in madden with coaches and team personal visting the NFL Draft as what you see on ESPN..you know, new rookies walking up to the podium, putting on their new team hats,etc...its these little rpg-ish elements that will take sports gaming to the next level..trust me..i bet my last dollar this is the future of sports videogames.

One thing i hope the dev's put in the game for Madden 11 is some locker room scenes during half time where we can adjust gameplans, add double teams on specific players,etc where needed..i mean actually render the locker room in real time is what im saying..show players sitting down on chairs,benches,etc with towels around their necks, players getting their ankles re-tapped up by team personnel,etc while the coach is at the chalk board maybe have something like a semi-transparent gui screen where at that point we can do the adjustments for game plan changes, double teams,etc...

My examples above are just some quick idea's im tossing out with not a whole lot of thought, i could definately think of some cool idea's in this area if i tried....but its just to give you guys an idea in what i think would make franchise in madden much more indepth and have a much more "role playing" feel to it but the main reason behind these idea's is to suck the gamer into the game itself like a rpg game does and it would bring alot of fun and replay value imho..... and of course, the gamer can simply skip this aspect if its not something they would like but if you think about my points..it would REALLY be something that would suck you in "as the gamer" into madden and also give you lots to do outside of gameday..during the week you have things to do, before the season starts you have things to tinker with and of course after your season is over with..you got more things to do..

Last edited by Moegames; 07-08-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
I never played pre season games until they implemented the battles. Wish it would come back. Cool to see two guys close in their overall rating battle for a spot, helped me out alot. But the mini camps themselves, never really had any interest in them. I'm fine either way.
I liked the battles as well. It caused a little drama in preseason. The only thing I didn't like is that it weighed touchdowns way to heavily in preseason games. If I had a RB that rushed for 200 yds but no touchdowns and a RB that had 3 1yd TD's, the RB with the 3 TD's would win for that week. I didn't like that. Overall though, I liked the feature.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 22

I agree last-gen's were great.... some of them. But I think that next-gen has a few good ones too. Here are the ones i wanna see in the coming maddens:

Last Gen:
Rushing attack
DB Swat
LB Chase and Tackle
Lineman Challenge
Kicker and Punter Drills

Next Gen:
QB Challenge
WR/DB Route Running drill
Offensive Linemen Drill

Personally I couldn't stand last-gen's QB drills. I've never heard of anyone practicing throwing by getting hit by tennis balls and throwing through rings. I think the next-gen version is much better however I do think that they need to implement a wide array of routes instead of just having like 5. (I would also like the vision cone back but that's just me)

While I do love the DB Swat Drill from last gen, I also think that Next-gen's is good too (or at least a good Idea). I think it is very realistic. And with better animations and better AI by the cpu, I think it'll be the most realistic.

The rushing attack drill is pretty much the same on both -gens as it should.

For the linemen challenge I think they should use the virtual trainer one they on madden 09. I'm not saying they should keep the virtual trainer, but I think it should be played the same. I hated the fact that you had to go through 5-6 linemen to get like 4-5 flags. it should be just an entire line (or i guess an entire side) that you go up against and take reps. 7 out of 10 and you pass.

Speaking of which, I like the tier playing from last-gen. If you passed rookie, you went on to pro and so on. I think they should make it like that again in franchise mode. That way you can get warmed up and you get the option of continuing or not. Also if you don't do so well in like say pro, but you know you're good at all-madden for some reason, you can continue.

They should keep the offensive linemen drill, except tweak it a little bit and improve the AI logic. some times a SPEED back will try to go up the middle when he could've just outran everybody on the outside....

As for the unfair advantage stuff.... if you don't like the advantage, then don't play them. I think the cpu should be able to advance their teams likewise but if they don't, who cares? You don't have to play them.

Also they should bring back the practice game mode in franchise again. Idk y they took that out. It sucks when you can't practice with the team you've assembled to see how they'll perform.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I wanna see before the season starts being able to have schedule mini camps and otas and choose specific things the team needs to work on

then preseason/ training camps and have 80 man rosters and guys can increase or decrease a little and be able to make roster cuts to get down to 54 man roster

then before every game have to gameplan to beat the team and chose what you want your team to work on to stop the opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #16

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
Someone refresh my memory, but what made the battles relevant? I don't remember the point of them other than having something visually say "Player x is battling player y." We could create our own position battles ourselves without needing the CPU to tell us about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »