Home

Whatever happened to WR/DB Jostling?

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to WR/DB Jostling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Whatever happened to WR/DB Jostling?

Im really hoping the new route running and WR/DB Josting made it into the game this year. The blog about the changing of the WR route running animations (to go along with better man coverage), and the Jostling seemed like it would have made an impact on gameplay.

Just was watching gameplay vids to focus on these things and haven't really been able to see it. Also, read on the forums something about the CD members being impressed with the momentum, but Tiburon changed it after the fact? What gives with that, and is it true? Does it effect things like the WR/DB play we were told would be in the game?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Seems like I dont see the route running improvements either. I hope its just a thing you cant see without playing(even though that seems silly that I cant see it when someone else is playing). But im trying to give the Dev guys an excuse on this one. These are some of the things that made me hopeful for this new madden.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...teraction.aspx
Me too. I posted in another thread somewhere that WR/DB interaction looks the same as previous Maddens. I haven't really seen anything that stands out as different in this Madden as far as WR/DB interaction goes. Maybe I missed something. Has anyone seen anything that stands out this year as far as WR/DB interaction goes?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is defensive assignments still in too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Im really hoping the new route running and WR/DB Josting made it into the game this year. The blog about the changing of the WR route running animations (to go along with better man coverage), and the Jostling seemed like it would have made an impact on gameplay.

Just was watching gameplay vids to focus on these things and haven't really been able to see it. Also, read on the forums something about the CD members being impressed with the momentum, but Tiburon changed it after the fact? What gives with that, and is it true? Does it effect things like the WR/DB play we were told would be in the game?

Seems like you're selectively reading, they didn't change it because we liked it, I and AJ explained why it got tuned back a little.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Ian was talking pretty in depth about this on yesterday's maddensimplayers.com radio show but yeah... I also didn't notice it in any of the E3 vids.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Ian was talking pretty in depth about this on yesterday's maddensimplayers.com radio show but yeah... I also didn't notice it in any of the E3 vids.
I didn't get to hear that show. What did he say?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Seems like you're selectively reading, they didn't change it because we liked it, I and AJ explained why it got tuned back a little.

KANE, don't be so sensitive man. As you can tell i must have missed it. If i had read your reasoning as to the reasons i wouldn't have posted this, how much sense would that make? Could you please re-post the reason why the momentum was scaled back?

Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
I watched Ian's video vs. Donny,
Where can i find this video?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »