Home

Whatever happened to WR/DB Jostling?

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to WR/DB Jostling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #33
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Whatever happened to WR/DB Jostling?

Anytime your ready to chime in Ian we're waiting. Thats the only way everyone will stop speculating. You only can touch a receiver withing the first 5 years. After that if the receiver is running a streak there can't be any joustling without PI being called. Now when they are both going for the ball it may take place as well. Its not something that happens on every single pass play. I think thats what some people are expecting and they shouldn't.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #34
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

This issue is one of about 5 serious ones right now that hold me back from getting excited about madden 10. I've haven't seen any jostling and what's worse, I haven't really seen dbs cut off a route. In fact, I usually see the db bite on the first move and then the wr breaks on his route and leaves the db 5 yards behind. Man coverage was completely useless in Madden 09, slower game speed will only favor the offense here if this inteaction/cutting off routes isn't fixed.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
im sure he talking about that slight bump or push players do in the NFL to mess up WR and TE timing
Uh, pressing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 50

Actually, in the Ravens Vs Titans video. If you watch closely on HD, you can see the jostling. It is easy to see on that deep ball that was thrown to Gage. I can't remember which part it was, but it was that play where Gage went on a deep route and was tackled close to the endzone.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #37
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I know the OP mentioned WR/DB jostling specifically, but I haven't seen ANY of the improvements Ian talked about in his blog. I don't know if they're not triggering enough or what, but the route running and all that other stuff just looks the same. If the acceleration has been slowed down, like it showed in the blog, then why does it look the same? Can anyone show me anything different from 09? I mean if someone put a vid up of a WR running a route against man coverage in 09 and a vid of a WR running the same route against the same man coverage in 10, would you be able to tell them apart without knowing which one is which? Right now, I don't think I could.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #38
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm with the majority of people here...I'd like to see some clear examples of this. I didn't really notice it at CD, but admittedly I didn't have my eye out for it as I should have.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #39
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I know the OP mentioned WR/DB jostling specifically, but I haven't seen ANY of the improvements Ian talked about in his blog. I don't know if they're not triggering enough or what, but the route running and all that other stuff just looks the same. If the acceleration has been slowed down, like it showed in the blog, then why does it look the same? Can anyone show me anything different from 09? I mean if someone put a vid up of a WR running a route against man coverage in 09 and a vid of a WR running the same route against the same man coverage in 10, would you be able to tell them apart without knowing which one is which? Right now, I don't think I could.
I recall Ian saying there was a bug at some point that they did end up fixing. That would explain why we didn't see them in the early vids. But since the bug was allegedly fixed, I too didn't notice route running such as the ones seen in that blog. Hmmm.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 9

Hm... was EA blowing smoke?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »