Home

A Question I've Never Seen Answered

This is a discussion on A Question I've Never Seen Answered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #33
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: A Question I've Never Seen Answered

they bought ESPN license simply so 2k could not come back and use it again in a football game.

EA has deep pockets, and wanted to make sure 2k stayed dead rather than have to actually compete with them.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #34
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I thought I read somewhere that the only licensing is with the ESPN news feeds and ticker stuff. I don't think they bought the licensing to ESPN branding and overlays. I am 47% sure I read that once upon a time.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I thought I read somewhere that the only licensing is with the ESPN news feeds and ticker stuff. I don't think they bought the licensing to ESPN branding and overlays. I am 47% sure I read that once upon a time.
That would make since, since ESPN news feeds and ticker stuff is in every EA Sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I was just about to post this and am surprised nobody has at this point. This has been said many times in the past and is pretty much common knowledge. EA has the license to have ESPN news feeds in the game, that is all. The ESPN license does not allow branding and ESPN graphics/presentation.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »