Home

Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

This is a discussion on Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Less control smoother animations or more control with robotic animations
Less control, but smoother animations 105 67.74%
Current control level or more, but somewhat robotic 50 32.26%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

Wow, that seems like a hard decision but its not.
What madden should do is keep its resposiveness, BUUT... put make plenty of animations for when a player is trying to slow down to do moves such as the stutter step, and the juke, which are both moves that slow down a player

A running back shouldn't be able to run full speed and still juke sideways 3 yards. That's impossible. The running back needs to utilize about 2 to 4 steps to slow down enough to do agile moves such as a sideways juke.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

Last edited by 43Chargers4Now; 07-11-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #74
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Less control but smoother animations or More control but more robotic movements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbruh
you are all bumz, "obey the laws of physics, play a real sim game, its unrealistic", the game is as realistic as the two players playing it!!!! if i play someone on my level the game will be realistic but since im better than most most games i play i score 40 pts in the 1st half!!! is that realistic no but i know how to CONTROL the game, its a video game....stop whining ya pussz
Basically what you are saying is you like your Football videogames to be unrealistic. That's your prerogative. A lot of people would prefer more sim play, and that has nothing to do with a lack of skill. Sorry, try again.

Last edited by Only1LT; 07-10-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 3

yeah you guys are right its freakin unrealistic and cheesy to spin and juke and dodge one after another it never happens in real life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6S0-A2UHg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Wow, that seems like a hard decision but its not.
What madden should do is keep its resposiveness, BUUT... put plenty of animations for when a player is trying to slow down to do moves such as the stutter step, and the juke, which are both moves that slow down a player

A running back shouldn't be able to run rule speed and still juke sideways 3 yards. That's impossible. The running back needs to utilize about 2 to 4 steps to slow down enough to do agile moves such as a sideways juke.
agree. me personally im not looking for madden to copy 2k engine and physics system. im just looking for physics to be applied and respected in madden engine and IM A HAPPY FOOTBALL GAMER. i dont care how EA applies it but IF ITS NOT PHYSICS ITS NOT FOOTBALL and there madden will be never be a simulation, JUST MADDEN

never ever never ever

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFireXXI
yeah you guys are right its freakin unrealistic and cheesy to spin and juke and dodge one after another it never happens in real life

lol its seems u dont know what we are talking about just by displaying that video

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

He wasn't running full speed, nothing physics defying about what he was doing.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
lol its seems u dont know what we are talking about just by displaying that video
Actually it shows how blind and biased you are. Everyones saying "ohhhh its so unrealistic to juke, spin, and break tackles all at once" when that video alone proves otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0DTI...eature=related

Gale Sayers would like to prove you guys wrong as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #80
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

No one is saying that it is impossible to do multiple moves and change directions if you are a gifted athlete. What is being said is that no matter how gifted an athlete you are, you can not do those moves and not pay respect to gravity. In other words, foot plant, rebalance, slow down, stumble, etc, etc...

That's what I see in real life. That's what I want to see in a SIM Football game. If Tiburon doesn't want to make a sim Football game, then just tell us and save yourself all the head and heart aches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »