Home

Simple question: Is there a way to make the players feet turn faster?

This is a discussion on Simple question: Is there a way to make the players feet turn faster? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:33 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Simple question: Is there a way to make the players feet turn faster?

Yes instant replay on fast forward
Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I really feel EA screwed up the running animations trying to please the whining 2k5 fans. The players are jogging just like in 2k5. Looks nothing like real life.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Almost a good point. Except, when it comes to using someone as an example on that play, the number 1 person SHOULD BE Johnson, seeing as how HE'S the "fast" running back returning a kick-off. And he is very much jogging. Know what I'm saying?
I could let it go at least if the supposed fast players looked fast. Pointing out some guy running behind him means nothing to me.
So....the slower players turn their feet faster than the "fast" players? And the fast players have longer strides?
Scandrick's not slow. He has 95 speed. Even without me seeing the ratings, didn't you notice Scandrick challenging Johnson on the sideline and nearly catching Johnson. At that time I already knew he had to have been 93+ speed. Nobody below that would even be able to challenge the 99 speed 98 acc Chris Johnson
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I really feel EA screwed up the running animations trying to please the whining 2k5 fans. The players are jogging just like in 2k5. Looks nothing like real life.
i agree the running animations look just like 2k5 and they look very unrealistic. It looks as if the players are not attempting to run fast, and imo i liked the old running animation better because at least it looked like the player was trying to run fast. I also liked ncaa's running animations. I know the topic of fixing the running animations is getting repetitive and old but it is so bad that its distracting when watching the gameplay vids.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

The 2k5 style running animations pretty much ruined this series for me. It's the main reason I'm on the fence of buying it.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

If there's one thing that they shouldn't have taken from 2K, it's the running animations. But I don't think that's something they did intentionally. Almost all of the animations in Madden lack urgency. I think the running animations are just another casualty.

On a few occasions, Ian referred to a smallish motion capture space. I believe he mentioned having trouble capturing full speed animations because of that, but don't quote me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »