Home

I hate being extorted for custom playbooks....

This is a discussion on I hate being extorted for custom playbooks.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I hate being extorted for custom playbooks....

ea will never run out of ways to squeeze more money out of the consumer. that's why i avoid their games at all costs. which isn't too costly since almost all of their games are sub par.

madden devs shouldn't take this post as an insult to themselves. it isn't their fault that the company they work for are greedy as all hell.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: I hate being extorted for custom playbooks....

I don't think the current A.I is quite ready for custom playbooks especially for online games. There will be a lot of cheese plays online and with the current A.I its not a good idea.

Bottomline is Custom plays will get you wins if you know football. Ian Cummings said it himself that his long term vision of Madden was if a player who knows football, He will be more likely to win than someone who doesn't. What better way to combine football strategy and Madden with custom playbooks and the exclusion of exploits.

Hopefully play creator and improved A.I will be another big feature that comes in Madden 11. Then we're talking football!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

i just find it to be a horrible idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

bump
Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
Its the equivilent of McDonalds all of a sudden requiring you to buy fries and a drink to get buns for your burger.
Exactly. And that's exactly EA's intention, and for obviou$ rea$on$. And I suppose for fans of anal penetration, it's no big deal.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
i just find it to be a horrible idea.
I didn't keep up with Madden after 03. But as I recall, the play creator tool was removed from the last-gen version years ago, wasn't it? This isn't an exclusive omission on next-gen, or is it?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

I want to be able to edit my own playbooks but I think that they need to keep "play creator" only for franchise mode because it could really derail online play.

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
I want to be able to edit my own playbooks but I think that they need to keep "play creator" only for franchise mode because it could really derail online play.
Sounds reasonable. But it doesn't explain why the feature was removed from the offline game. Or why it's no longer possible to edit CPU playbooks for offline games, which is another feature that's long gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »