Home

Release Day/Night Rituals

This is a discussion on Release Day/Night Rituals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #33
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Release Day/Night Rituals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
Question to u guys: am I the only one who like to wait till the last possible roster update before the season starts to start my franchise?
Nope.

I feel silly sometimes too, waiting for them to add crappy players to last update, who I will just end up cutting in my Year 2 offseason.

But yeah, doesn't change anything. I hold off starting my franchise as long as possible.

This year? I'll probably join an online franchise with my buddies as soon as it comes out, since accuracy won't really be a factor. I'll start my offline franchise the last update before Week 1.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm going on a week long Canada roadtrip starting Friday Aug 7th. They are up in the air whether they want to stay until saturday or sunday (the 15th/16th) so I'm going to try to talk them into coming back mid-day saturday (I live in MA, so its about 5 hours away from Montreal)

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I am going to try to pick it up at midnight this year and take friday off. I don't know but I just love Madden and beers..I could go on for hours!
Pretty great post, it amused the hell out of me

On that note. The night of madden release, I usually spend a solid 2-3 hrs cleaning the house to pass time. I already have taken at least the next day off of work. Fridge is stocked with sierra nevadas. Day and a half worth at least.

Maybe around 10:00 I'll have my first beer (and only till i get back) and play a game of my current NCAA dynasty (likely my last for months). 11:20-11:30 I'm in the car. I usually spend about 15 minutes sitting in the lot outside an empty mall. My nerves and tension are usually off the charts at this point.

About 11:50, I roll in, get on the line and by 12:10 I'm racing home.

Get home, play a quarter or two of about 8 different games just to get an idea of the game itself and teams I'm interested in.

Before bed, fire up the giants franchise!!!!!!

Wake up by 7 the next morning and begin the madden marathon

Last edited by jzal8; 07-16-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

This is the same ritual I do with every sports game that comes out. I pay for it in full ahead of time, so when the game comes out I can just walk to the front of the line, show my receipt and say " can you just hand me mine". There are often others there that have paid too, but just lined up like drones.

Lol, works like a charm. I try to keep a straight face as all others grumble as I walk out the store.

I come home and play a full game of the previous version of the game so the improvements stand out that much more. That allows me to really appreciate the game for what it is.

Last edited by StonesRunIt; 07-16-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 AM   #37
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
I come home and play a full game of the previous version of the game so the improvements stand out that much more. That allows me to really appreciate the game for what it is.
I'm guessing that didn't help much in previous years.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

well this year wil;l be a lil better then last year as i walked to the store to get mine .i have no license.. but this year ill be rollin up with the sis in the esclade ballin grab my copy get home play a few online games ..then have to work the whole ****ing weekend then come monday night football non stop tell wednsday ..im gunna be taking 3 hours sleep breaks and munchi time ohh and getting high all day 3 days
Old 07-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #39
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleKushMang
well this year wil;l be a lil better then last year as i walked to the store to get mine .i have no license.. but this year ill be rollin up with the sis in the esclade ballin grab my copy get home play a few online games ..then have to work the whole ****ing weekend then come monday night football non stop tell wednsday ..im gunna be taking 3 hours sleep breaks and munchi time ohh and getting high all day 3 days
lmao @ this one.

i'll be going to the midnight launch at my local gamestop, but then i have school the next day, and possibly work (still haven't requested off). my best bet is to nap that day so that i can sleep late
Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #40
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Do u guys think the game will actually come out on friday? Personally iv never seen a game come out on a Friday and I'm lookin forward to havin the whole weekend

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »