Home

Favorite Madden Game

This is a discussion on Favorite Madden Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Favorite Madden Game
Madden 04 23 28.05%
Madden 05 36 43.90%
Madden 06 8 9.76%
Madden 07 3 3.66%
Madden 08 4 4.88%
Madden 09 8 9.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Favorite Madden Game

I dont know....If I have Madden 2005 and Madden 09 (PS2) sitting in front of me, I'm gonna pop in 09 every time over 2005. I'm willing to sacrifice the tony bruno show and the pre-game presentation for everything Madden 09 has to offer that Madden 05 doesn't have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #26
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

95 is by far my favorite...dont ask why...but ill go with 04...i just loved owning it with Mike Vick...looking forward to doing it again some time soon

Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Why does this only go back to 04? What if our favorite version of Madden was before then? Personally, my favorites are 94 and 99.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
06 for legacy gen. How many people who voted for 05 played 06 for legacy gen? If you did, how do you not for for 06? .
A few things.

1. Franchise Mode coaching strategy sliders were awful for 06, the Manifesto designed and created by the Madden Community for 2005 had no effect, so all teams basicly acted and played the same. With the Manifesto, running teams became running teams and passing teams played the pass. In 06, every CPU team played exactly the same.

2. Stats were awful in 06. (If I remmember correctly) Offensive numbers were simply through the roof, with 2000 yards rushing being broken every season.

3. Because of the stats, progression was also way off. Every QB in the game was rated in the high 90s. And i realize progression was not perfect in 05, but it was far from broken (but I also always controlled all 32 teams, and regularly trained the top 30-50 young stars in the league to make them stand out from the rest).

4. I absolutely HATED the cheesy pictures they gave incoming rookies. There was about 7 different images. I had 19 players on my team at one point who ALL HAD THE SAME EXACT IMAGE. I know some people don't like the silhouette images, but its a helluva lot better than everyone on the entire team looking exactly same with some cartoony picture.

5. In 06 the deep bomb was damn near impossible to pull off, you had to roll out JUSTT right to hit the streak, no matter what the speed difference was. In 05, it worked a little TOO well, but id rather it work more often and limit myself to how often I use it, than for it to almost never work.

Last edited by tmulk; 07-16-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #29
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Like another poster said, this poll doesn't go back far enough. I think the best Madden was 99. It had something that no other Madden had. A realistic passing game. If you were beaten by a step in that game, you were in trouble. None of this jump up 30ft in the air to swat/intercept nonsense.

Lobs worked well and in a realistic fashion. You had to actually gameplan on D to stop someone, not just rely on the fact that you were never out of the play no matter how badly your defender was beat.

The running game also was great for that time. Jukes were too effective because Madden had more momentum back then, but they looked more realistic, which is sad lol. In 99, the runner would fake in the opposite direction of the juke and then shuffle to the side. Not hop like they have the juke now lol.

Current gen I'd have to say 07 (PS3) is the best (if you can say any of them are really good lol) with 08 (PS3) being the ABSOLUTE WORST MADDEN EVER, EVER, EVER made. 08 was a bug ridden mess to the point that it was unplayable. 07 was not great but I remember being able to throw over defenders heads in that game, and I remember that if you had one on one coverage, the defense was actually at a disadvantage. What a novel idea lol? I can't remeber exactly but I even think that the running animations might not have been as bad, but that could be revisionist history. I know it had signature running styles (Tiki's high and tight, LJ's straight-up running style), which for some reason, they abandoned.

Last edited by Only1LT; 07-16-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
06 for legacy gen. How many people who voted for 05 played 06 for legacy gen? If you did, how do you not for for 06? 05 was filled with bugs and flaws and fatigue was broken so you couldn't even play true sim offline franchise. 06 brought us slide protection and smart routes as well. At the very least, think 05 with out all the bugs and 6 is already better.
I also voted for Madden 06 on last gen.

Like you said, it is 05 upgraded. With or w/o vision cone, it played a very solid game of football.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #31
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
How? You haven't even played it yet.
so what i GUARANTEE this will be the best madden game and jus looking at the videos and pics and talkin bout it i have had more fun then any other madden game i love madden 10 so far and it will only get better once the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #32
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11

Madden 2009 on ps2 is the best madden as far as gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »