Re: Sign

get your popcorn ready
Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
THE TRUF HAVE BEEN KNOWN but yet it still the same year in and year out. madden ten looks no different.

can we get a simulation football for once EA? thats the question me, apex, and many more want to be answered

ill sign anyone who willing to bring the NFL in madden for once in this next gen era. so i would say yes to apex but he not the only one ill sign for tho
Apex would be good if he weren't utterly bias. There comes a point where he provides constructive criticism, and then flat out takes shots at EA and Tiburon.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Sign

Apex is great on the backside of things, at pointing out flaws and documenting them. But what could he offer on the frontside? What does he know about code and programming, or how to implement the changes he'd(all of us) would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
THE TRUF HAVE BEEN KNOWN but yet it still the same year in and year out. madden ten looks no different.

can we get a simulation football for once EA? thats the question me, apex, and many more want to be answered

ill sign anyone who willing to bring the NFL in madden for once in this next gen era. so i would say yes to apex but he not the only one ill sign for tho
Based on your statement "madden ten looks no different" you obviously have never played madden before or are just lying to yourself. Have you played the final build of madden 10? sure sounds as if you have and the game is better than last year whether you accept or not: madden 10 looks like a better simulation of NFL football than madden 09. They have fixed as many problems as they can in one year, they can't fix all the problems at once.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #13
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Exactly. Apex is great at pointing this stuff out and creating a big stir about it. But, there are 2 things here. First, Matt and I both mentioned, Ian's team is already aware of these issues. Secondly, as roll2tide mentions, unless Apex is a game designer/programmer there's not much he can directly do about it.

The best thing Apex can do is to continue doing exactly what he's doing. Keep making videos, keep bringing these issues to the forefront, and keep the pressure on Ian's team to fix all these problems.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #14
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Apex would be good if he weren't utterly bias. There comes a point where he provides constructive criticism, and then flat out takes shots at EA and Tiburon.
EA makes it too easy.....everytime it seems EA might be making sense, they make a move that shows why many dislike them (ie 1min Q demo).

I saw an E3 video where some guy was yelling into the mic that 2K lovers can't hate on Madden anymore. I can see what he meant but we are comparing a title with the year 2010 in it to one that has 2005. Will Madden ever be better than 2k5 in almost everyones eyes? Probably but that is because of the license behind it. People would rather play a game with real names that has many more flaws than a game with fewer flaws but generic names. Madden will be around for a long time, we can only hope those working on Madden will bring fresh ideas; if not, replace them with those who will.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
get your popcorn ready
WTF?

Was that supposed to be a random post?

I know that Apex should not be a game designer but he should definately be given some type of job as a consultant/Idea creater. If not, ALLOW HIM TO BE ONE OF THE GUYS THAT BETA TESTS THE GAME!!!! Everyone knows that it would not be that hard to let him be one of those community day guys.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

*sighs*

I am not Ian, nor do I work on Madden. I am NOT a programmer, and couldn't tell you the first thing about how they're created.

BUT...

I will tell you right now why Madden is never going to get better physics/animations etc. It's because the engine is crap. Plain and simple. Since the development cycles are so short, and EA wants a title out yearly, the team really has their hands tied. The time that it takes to develop a new engine, get the bugs out and build a game around it is just too long and they AREN'T going to skip a year to get it right.

So basically until 2013, or next gen don't expect anything more then what we have now. The engine is broke and I'm pretty sure that deep down Ian and co. would like to start from scratch but they just can't because there's not enough time. So basically, we're just going to have to deal with it and wait patiently.

Last edited by Nintari; 07-16-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »