Home

AFC South Preview Video

This is a discussion on AFC South Preview Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: AFC South Preview Video

woo reggie wayne.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 5

2k5 LOL yeah great gameplay seeing Priest Holnes run for 200 yards and Trent Green Throw for 400 yards in 1 half
Old 07-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
Your nickname is now: THE TRUTH!

You are so correct with your observations on gameplay....6 out of 10.
animations were way ahead of anything else, but gameplay...madden was better.

I am hoping Ian & CO. work on OFF/DEF line play and add more animation .....thanks for calling out 2k5 for what the game was...GREAT animation......a "6" gameplay.
Thank you, I wish others would see the truth as well
Old 07-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Hopefully the game is actually fun to play.

Madden has always been boring to me. Not trolling at all, just how I feel. I haven't played 2k5 in years but 2k was always more fun, and I felt the same about NCAA. NCAA isn't all that realistic compared to Madden, but I've liked playing it more.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #45
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

okay,i agree now..the run animations are just terrible. they look so wobbly and sideways ...

...all this 2k5 talk aside,I just want Madden to be FUN AGAIN,to be able to play until next August and enjoy the game.That is my hope for '10,for me to enjoy playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #46
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
Sorry but 2K5's gameplay, not animations, were medicore at best
I agree - IMO 2K4 was better. CPU AI at times really took a dive thanks (I would guess) to the new profile system they put into the game. 2K4 gave me some fantastically realistic games, I gave up trying in 2K5 after wasting hours on sliders and global roster edits etc to patch over the newly introduced AI deficiencies.

As for this video, looks about what I expect. The game is still far from flowing like real life - the way the engine seems to struggle transitioning from one animation to the next, particularly on contact, is definitely noticeable. But even the slightest mishap would be in a video like this with those angles. There's a difference in mindset watching a video compared to playing a game. Yes, insanely realistic animation would probably be amazing, but it's almost a case of what you don't know not hurting you - you deal with it. When it comes down to it, AI far, far out ranks animations and aesthetics for me.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #47
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I like 2k5 as well, but playing in 5 year old stadiums like Dallas and Indy is getting old. And that artificial turf in 2k5 still looks like carpet, not the grass it looks like in real life.
To each his own.....
the weird thing about the artificial turf is that if u play 2k4 they actually had it right!

i remember booting up 2k5 back in july 2004...getting my bills franchise all ready to go and then seeing that turf..."WTF" ran through my head a few 100 times that day

trite, i know

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »