Home

Specific examples of how EA tells us BLATANT lies

This is a discussion on Specific examples of how EA tells us BLATANT lies within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #17
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Specific examples of how EA tells us BLATANT lies

i would actually be more upset at the fact that Ian does not even thank the community for giving them all of these ideas in the first place...
Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

thats fine, round up the squad. I'm not bashing Madden in any way, I'm simply pointing out the less than ethical marketing tactics of EA...

And the devs aren't being criticized for adding in the features, they are getting criticized for marketing them as new features when they aren't actually new.

And you are right, don't like the game then don't buy it. I totally agree. But what I'm saying is that I've been a loyal follower of the Madden franchise for 20years and I wish I could continue that. I truly am disappointed in EA.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #19

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I guess I don't understand why anyone here cares how EA markets this game since you, admittedly already know some of these feature were in past Maddens.

I guess I am asking, why does it bother you?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the features are "new" to next gen. They were never in the next gen Madden games prior to this year. The next gen version was built from scratch. They didn't follow the same path as NBA 2K and the Show and port over the last gen versions and go from there, they tried to start over which was an epic fail in the grand scheme of things.

So the idea that they were there and taken out isn't true in the sense that they took it out for the sole purpose of adding it back in and calling them new again. They are old features that are new to the next gen versions of the game.

You're truly making a mountain out of a molehill with this. Its not that big of a deal.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #21
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

first off madden never had the full team of refs secondly the chain gain coming out to measure with ref interaction hasnt been in the game. Third when they do show you something in the game that is orignal (kicker warming up) you say who cares I mean its clear they cant win with you.

So just do yourself a favor and dont buy the game.

All that stuff is new to Next gen and if it is a repeat of the old gen it was totally redone and done better.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I guess I don't understand why anyone here cares how EA markets this game since you, admittedly already know some of these feature were in past Maddens.

I guess I am asking, why does it bother you?
Fair question, I get what you're saying. The reason it bothers me so much is because like I've said, for 20years I have been supporting them by purchasing Madden. When I was a kid I used to save up my money just to buy the game every August. So the least any company can do is honestly represent their product to the fan base that has allowed them to build this franchise.

Now, after all that time, they are feeding me lies and I guess trying to "trick" me into thinking that 2010 is such a great improvement over last year. Loosely, you could almost term this false advertisement. It's just downright annoying to here the same garbage from them year after year.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
this is basically nonsense...

the entire point of that 7 min rant was to show that EA is claiming some features as new to Madden (like refs/chain gangs/cut scenes) that were in past gen versions. however these are new features to the next gen build, which was from scratch -- so none of these old features were never really taken out and then put back in again.

yikes, way to get all worked up over semantics.

...oh yeah, and in before the lock
Dude. They very easily could have said that they were bringing back past features lol. Face it, it's straight up marketing, also known as lying.

Not saying that this is the worst thing in the world, just that there is no absolutely no reason to do it. It makes people more upset when you try and pass off old features as new, than when you just tell the truth and say that they are finally able to get more past features in, now that all the heavy lifting of developing a new engine for next gen systems is over. Would people still grumble? Yes. But not anywhere near to the same extent, and some people, that don't trust EA (which is to say millions of people) might actually gain new found respect for them and not be so hard in their stances.

But, what do I know? It's just common sense is all.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteamontheboat
the chain gain coming out to measure with ref interaction hasnt been in the game.

Third when they do show you something in the game that is orignal (kicker warming up) you say who cares I mean its clear they cant win with you.
I remember the chain gang was in the game in 1998....Text reference to this feature http://www.gamespot.com/ps/sports/ma...98/review.html

Also, yes, the kicker warming up is original. I will give them that. But spending time on something like that when there are other major areas needing improvement?

They HAVE won with me, and they CAN win with me...but not by lying about the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »