Home

i dont think madden has failed us

This is a discussion on i dont think madden has failed us within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: i dont think madden has failed us

i would like a sim game but i don't have to have one. I just want the game to work. flat coverage is broken and the game really should offer a solution with out having to manually move my safeties in the flats every play. honestly this and false steps by defenders against the run are my only gripes with this game.

broken tackles could toned down a bit as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #42
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

oh madden has failed us miserably. when any franchise you try to play (new or old) freezes AFTER THE PATCH not to mention the same thing happened last year you know there problems. I'm sick of EA re releasing the same game with 1 or 2 new features or tune ups. yet every year i convince my self to waste 60 bucks just to see if it is better than 2k5 yet. another year another 60 bucks down the drain. i hope EA crashes and burns because witht he exception of nhl this lackluster line of sports video games is horrible. but yet people stll buy the crappy games just because it is EA sports there product has to be good right? wrong. I was praying that EA was in Madoffs ponzi scheme so we could actually see a real gaming company take over and not have to sit through this constant BS with EA sports
Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #43
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

the games are fun in my eyes and 10 people at work play the crap out of the game. I still want improvments to the game but maybe I'm just crazy.

NCAA basketball 10:
Toledo Rockets 17-7 (7-1)

NCAA Football:
Toledo Rockets 13-1/ 14-0/14-0/14-0 back to back National Champs
Old 10-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986
Your logic made sense there sir.

But I must ask you, what happens to players who strive for sim gameplay? Must we be left in the dark? Don't you think we deserve an alternative?

Think of it in the sense of some the big name racing games out there. Racers will lose 95% of the time to the average Joe in PGR BUT when the average Joe faces the professional racer in a game like Gran Turismo (that goes deeper than just the fundamentals of racing), the racer will thump him. I would bet money on that. Heck, professional drivers use Gran Turismo to practice race tracks before a big race.

Until NFL head coaches and their staff are able to use Madden as a simulation practice before big games, we will never have a true sim Madden
You know what.. This is a great post especially the bolded part. The GT analogy is spot on because I am a big fan of sim racers. But that is truely what is missing. A defensive coordinator should be able to go in and practice scheming against the Colts great passing attack. Then maybe he can see holes in their game or he can gamble with the game to see if it may pay off on Sunday. Nail on the f'n head, nail on the head.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
You know what.. This is a great post especially the bolded part. The GT analogy is spot on because I am a big fan of sim racers. But that is truely what is missing. A defensive coordinator should be able to go in and practice scheming against the Colts great passing attack. Then maybe he can see holes in their game or he can gamble with the game to see if it may pay off on Sunday. Nail on the f'n head, nail on the head.
I just want them to be honest about the product. I have no desire to play that Madden arcade game. But that's not their fault. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

Some Nascar drivers still use Nascar Season 2003 to get used to certain tracks, because the sim recreated every bump and groove so well.
Great analogy about Madden and real coordinators,Ken!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »