Home

Already working on madden 11

This is a discussion on Already working on madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Already working on madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Great to hear they are working on the game this early. I know Madden '10 will be great...but I think Madden '11 will finally set a total bar for what sports gaming should be like..
the masses will never be satisfied.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #50
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

they should take a break? there are games that have 3-5 year development cycles. do those guys take a break? no. it's just like any other job. you don't just quit for a couple months because you completed one task. you come back the next day to complete another task. such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
No rest for the weary!

We are already working on Madden 11, but we've also got people focused on extending the life of 10...including some dedication of resources to live support for Online Franchise.

With me coming on to the team last year right before 09 actually hit shelves and hitting the ground running, we saw a lot of benefits of just doing work right away (before the game is even out). In previous years we typically would have a pretty big crash period where people take a lot of vacation time and not much gets done, so nowadays we are way more efficient and get going right away.

I would expect similar detail to last year though - we likely won't release any information re: 11 until around the Super Bowl. Key reasons - 1) don't want to hurt Madden 10's sales & buzz, and 2) it's rare that something is locked-in and guaranteed to be in the game until later in the cycle. We still have plenty of time with 10 on our hands - and I'll obviously keep you guys in the loop whenever I can.
i hope you don't forget in-game saves this time.

Last edited by blklightning; 07-20-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
No rest for the weary!

We are already working on Madden 11, but we've also got people focused on extending the life of 10...including some dedication of resources to live support for Online Franchise.
id have to hit that with an o rlly?

wheres the dedication to updating Online franchise, what exactly have you done at all?

you guys didnt update in draft classes from ncaa, didnt make trade logic logical , didnt make it to where we can trade draft picks through the game.

rant over
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »