Home

A real sim NFL game

This is a discussion on A real sim NFL game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: A real sim NFL game

there is no bug or glitch in fifa game.......... there is alway bug and glitch in madden game. i still dont understand what is going on with madden.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Do you think that would be fun? I mean think about it. What is you have a bad team. Are you willing to go 0 and 16. I think that is what would happen for us that have bad teams. Maybe not 0-16, but you get the point.
I went 6-10 in a franchise season once thanks to a bad defense, O-line, and injuries (and lots of close games and bad luck) and it was one of my favorite seasons I've had with Madden.

Real sim players don't need or even want to make the playoffs every single season, and if I was controlling an awful team like the Lions, I wouldn't mind only winning about 4 games, because it's real. In fact, I'd be pretty upset if I could make the playoffs with that pathetic defense, because it would mean the ratings didn't work.

Hell, when I would play NCAA dynasties on PS2 (and didn't feel like using WVU) I would always put in a D1AA team into Conf USA or something and wind up winning 1 or 2 games for the first couple seasons before I built them up. Maybe that's just me though.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
I went 6-10 in a franchise season once thanks to a bad defense, O-line, and injuries (and lots of close games and bad luck) and it was one of my favorite seasons I've had with Madden.

Real sim players don't need or even want to make the playoffs every single season, and if I was controlling an awful team like the Lions, I wouldn't mind only winning about 4 games, because it's real. In fact, I'd be pretty upset if I could make the playoffs with that pathetic defense, because it would mean the ratings didn't work.

Hell, when I would play NCAA dynasties on PS2 (and didn't feel like using WVU) I would always put in a D1AA team into Conf USA or something and wind up winning 1 or 2 games for the first couple seasons before I built them up. Maybe that's just me though.
Well I think you might be the minority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 7
Actually, no. People like you ruin this game. I hope EA never listens to a word you say, because if you have to win every game to have fun, you must be trying to compensate for something. I could, and have gone a franchise season at 3 and 13 or worse, and believe it or not, still had fun. Because it was realistic.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
Actually, no. People like you ruin this game. I hope EA never listens to a word you say, because if you have to win every game to have fun, you must be trying to compensate for something. I could, and have gone a franchise season at 3 and 13 or worse, and believe it or not, still had fun. Because it was realistic.
Good for you guy! lol Wow I love OS! No where did I say it was wrong. But nice try.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 36

Im hoping to see a sim soon (whether it be madden or whatever).But, Ea is too concerned with colored cleats, textured grass, and hand towels to give us a sim game.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #39
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
lol what game were you playing.. jk yea people seem to only have fun when they are winning games but hey, isnt that the point of a game, to win. 99% of these players are kids 16 and under who never played a football video game before 2006.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 AM   #40
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »