Home

Wow! What a difference a year makes...

This is a discussion on Wow! What a difference a year makes... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Wow! What a difference a year makes...

I agree with this post completely. Madden 10 looks leaps and bounds better than 2009, but we won't reall know how it plays until we get our hands on it. Demo goes live this Thursday!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
I was at blockbuster playing it and it was god-awful.
It took me a good 2 weeks to realize 09 was god-awful, then I joined OS in Feb I realized 09 was beyond God-Awful.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

LOL @ 09 being god awful. What were 08,07, and 06 then?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Pro

I haven't played 09 in like 7 months and have no intentions to pop that game in my system again. This saddens me because I love the game of football (NFL) more than any other sport and have played Madden since 1990. I do remember what the game feels like though. I honestly didn't mind the speed of the game. It's the unnatural occurrences from the running, changing direction or cutback across the grain on a dime, the ratings having no relevance (TEs being faster than the secondary, smaller players able to truck much bigger defenders, etc), the poor lineman play, and the ever popular automatic first down play, the QB sneak.

I have watched the Madden 10 vids, and I just don't see what everyone else sees. Of course the game is improved marginally, as it is expected. But, it looks simialr to 09 and I'm just not as optimistic as I used to be. I would love to be wrong about how I feel and hope this year's game will be "the one."
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #13
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
I haven't played 09 in like 7 months and have no intentions to pop that game in my system again. This saddens me because I love the game of football (NFL) more than any other sport and have played Madden since 1990. I do remember what the game feels like though. I honestly didn't mind the speed of the game. It's the unnatural occurrences from the running, changing direction or cutback across the grain on a dime, the ratings having no relevance (TEs being faster than the secondary, smaller players able to truck much bigger defenders, etc), the poor lineman play, and the ever popular automatic first down play, the QB sneak.

I have watched the Madden 10 vids, and I just don't see what everyone else sees. Of course the game is improved marginally, as it is expected. But, it looks simialr to 09 and I'm just not as optimistic as I used to be. I would love to be wrong about how I feel and hope this year's game will be "the one."
I echo your sentiments. There are some pretty psyched up people anticipating M10; I have bitten my tounge and thought to myself that by this time next month, Madden will again be a failure and people either declaring never to buy again or saying "Hopefully next year."

I hope M10 is all that is anticipated. But simply watching the way the players move is all that it takes to convince me that the game is still lacking too much to warrant $60 (it seems with the economy the way it is that not too many people have the extra $60 to throw away). I still have M09 on the PS2, 2k5, and APF to feed my football needs, just in case.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 12

I knew it was bad when I noticed that I couldn't run the ball to save my life, which I learned was the reality of the game very quick.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #15
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Madden 09 was the major let down...
I cried after playing it for a week!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I echo your sentiments. There are some pretty psyched up people anticipating M10; I have bitten my tounge and thought to myself that by this time next month, Madden will again be a failure and people either declaring never to buy again or saying "Hopefully next year."

I hope M10 is all that is anticipated. But simply watching the way the players move is all that it takes to convince me that the game is still lacking too much to warrant $60 (it seems with the economy the way it is that not too many people have the extra $60 to throw away). I still have M09 on the PS2, 2k5, and APF to feed my football needs, just in case.
That's exactly how I felt when I saw the first gameplay footage of M10. What amazed me was how the EA site had actual NFL game footage on one side and M10 footage on the next and yet they look like night and day! They use motion capture technology but the player models doesn't even come close to producing the same natural movements of the athletes in those suits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »