Home

Do You Think Each Game Will Feel Different?

This is a discussion on Do You Think Each Game Will Feel Different? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #9
Rookie

Who Dey15's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Do You Think Each Game Will Feel Different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleKushMang
wtf does a "organtic feel " mean wtf r we doing playing with fruit and vegtable gardens..lol
hahahahahahahhahahaha

straight from the garden nikkah
Old 07-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #10
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I suspect this year Madden and EA will send a message to all the doubters about how serious they are about football simulation.
Really? That's good to hear, considering how much money they've essentially swindled from the masses with the junk they've put out the last few years.

But I agree that one of the true tests of a great product is the feeling that every game is different -- from blowouts to nail-biters, from shootouts to defensive struggles, from predictable routine wins to shocking upsets. A great game has it all. That's what makes it fun. I can't remember which Madden it was in last gen, maybe 2004, not sure, but it got to a point where I was winning most games with similar scores. That's when it gets stale.

So here's to variety.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 AM   #11
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

In a video I saw, they talked about how the AI changes to your teams play style. For example, if your playing against the Vikings, they're going to run the ball down your throat until you stop AP. Once you've succeed in stopping him, the AI will change it's game plan. I believe they said each team has a set playbook they'll use like the real NFL. It's really advanced stuff so you'd probably get a better idea reading through the blog.

I agree, NCAA 10 does have an organic feel to it. Organic feel meaning the game feels life like. If NCAA 10 is good and the way it plays, I'm sure M10 will end up being amazing. I'm sure we'll find some flaws but nothing close to a gamebreaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:16 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 50

For about 3 weeks at the most every game will feel different. After that, you'll have seen the presentation and it would have probably gotten repetitive.

Not sure though. It's just what I think for now
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-20-2009, 03:47 AM   #13
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
For about 3 weeks at the most every game will feel different. After that, you'll have seen the presentation and it would have probably gotten repetitive.

Not sure though. It's just what I think for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
The first week, each game will feel different. but once you go through more, and more games you will see all of the presentation and not care anymore lol.
I hope both of you guys are wrong. Madden has been lacking presentation for years, but even if some of the cut-scenes get repetitive, it should still make for an awesome experience. A suspenseful moment can occur in the game when the chain gangs are called to measure for a first down, the stadiums can feel different when you watch the pre-game intros and the fans on the sidelines. I hope this stuff don't get old soon, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
It has been stated by a good handful of people that were at E3 that each team has its own personality..in other words, each team like in real football have their unique style of gameplay..so that improvement right there should result in more varied gameplay per each team you play which i find VERY exciting..its something that bugged me with past madden games but i believe these guys that actually played the game..because, well because they played it
I believe this is possible because of the streched out ratings.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #15
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

OFFENSIVELY is where the game has to prove it has life

when i play the colts or pats those Qb's should be airing it out forcing me to change my style. Gore should be running the ball aggressively, Ben should be making throws on the run if i force him out the pocket,

currently playing ncaa and the offensive game has definately seen the LIGHT. THESE boys pass it around no longer can i play cover 2 or 3 all game. third and long they try to get the first down not dump it off to a back as the first option.

oh and gameplay vids those are misleading, i learned that from the early ncaa vids, those looked boring then the game ws completely different....Demo's too

if madden can get the offense right, IMO the game will be addictive and last long.

they have to get the action on the field right and after seeing ncaa i dont see how they could get it wrong......

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Indeed, if each team plays differently then that will seriously prevent it from getting old. While the presentation elements will help, the gameplay differences are what will really drive the feeling of difference and thus make it a much more enjoyable experience with higher replay value.

In addition, with them fixing draft logic and each team AI, I'm also thinking that in franchise mode, we may see teams evolve. So, for example, when the Colts loose Manning, they may decide to become a running team if they have a great back. Now, that would be awesome.

One more thing I like is the slower game speed.

So many improvements in one year. I can't wait till the game comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »