Home

gamespeed...check this out

This is a discussion on gamespeed...check this out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #33
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: gamespeed...check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbruh
true and my fault if i came off as getting at you, but my opinion on that is still that the gamespeed is real slushy, CJ was running the same speed the entire kickoff, you see not just CJ but every player running in slow poke mode, im not even really trying to bash EA its just that i keep hearing alot of crap about a "sim" game and i hear alot of ppl saying that this year is the year for a true or at least close to "sim" football game, but im like how can that be when one of the most crucial components in making a "sim" game(gamespeed) isnt even remotely close to resembling what we see on sundays(IMO), bec
I TOTALLY get what you're saying. I just think that the actual distance covered in a given amount of time on Madden 10 is fairly, not realistic, but fairly realistic. I thiunk that most people think that the game is slow, not because of the distance/time thing, but more so becasue the animations look really lazy. The legs are moving slowly so it looks like they are jogging and not really running hard, but I think that they cover about the right amount of distance though.

I know that in their easports blog weekly sessions that they did one on the speed of the game. Ian said that he looked at it and concluded that the 40 times weren't realistic. So he slowed them down to be more in line with real life. Now that kind of tweaking has to do with math computations. I am not a big fan of Tiburon and their programming ability in the least on many issues, but any programmer has to be good at math at lest lol. If we can't trust them to get a math problem right, which is all this is, then they shouldn't be allowed to touch any part of any code for any reason.

Basically what I'm saying is, based on those vids, and the fact that Ian looked at making 40 times more realistic, and the fact that this isn't something that is anywhere near that complicated, I think that I would have to assume that if they are off, it is by a tiny margin.

What they need to improve is the running animations on several different levels, not the least of which is to have better visual representation of when a player is actually running at top speed, and to just convey a better sense of speed in general. I think that would go a long way.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #34
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
LOL, come on dude, im not saying make CJ's speed the AVERAGE speed, im meerly showing an example of how the speed is slow, w CJ being the fastest player in the game i just used him for an example, but you can look at ALL players who are running in the open field in madden 10 and compare that to their real life vids and u'll see the same type of discrepency, so im not judging madden speed based off of CJ, i just used him as an example, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyYNrIVJDw and look at LJ's run from 4:50 to 5:whatever, it takes him almost 7 seconds from his opps 40 to endzone? WTF?? NO rb and i mean NO rb in the nfl runs that slow
Lol. True. It did take him about 6secs to run 40yds (5:57-6:03) but again, it may have been because of fatigue. He was running for a while before that and he did break through a huge pile up to even have that big run lol. I know what you're saying though, but I need to see someone run a fresh 40 and time it to know for sure, because so far it is still in the "realm" of possibility. And this is coming from someone that slams Tiburon for every transgression that they make. No blind faithful Madden Drone here. I hate those guys lol.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #35
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

One thing is for sure. Fixing the speed of the game is more or less a computational fix. If Tiburon can't get the speed right, after they made a point to fix it this year, then you can save your money. there is no reason to buy the game. If they can't fix THAT? They can't do simple ratios? Then there is no hope for the rest of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

per the vid the game looked two fast and pinballish.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #37
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

ah ian is working on that right now.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
LOL, come on dude, im not saying make CJ's speed the AVERAGE speed, im meerly showing an example of how the speed is slow, w CJ being the fastest player in the game i just used him for an example, but you can look at ALL players who are running in the open field in madden 10 and compare that to their real life vids and u'll see the same type of discrepency, so im not judging madden speed based off of CJ, i just used him as an example, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyYNrIVJDw and look at LJ's run from 4:50 to 5:whatever, it takes him almost 7 seconds from his opps 40 to endzone? WTF?? NO rb and i mean NO rb in the nfl runs that slow

You're saying a sub 7 second 60 yard dash, in full pads, is slow?

A few things to note:
1) Players, during a game (Firstly play, last play or at any point) is as fresh as they are during the combine. Training camp and the fatigue of football season slows them down. And they most likely haven't been training for a track event for quite a while (while they do train for the 40 yard dash).

2) During the combine they don't carry a ball. Yes, carrying a ball slows you down. That's why they don't carry a ball during the combine.

3) They are wearing 9+ pounds of padding. This is, of course, a bigger issue for the smaller, faster players than it is for the bigger players.

And of course, this video is uploaded to the internet which effects the play speed of the video. The videos do not correspond 100% correctly with the actual gamespeed.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #39
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Man you guys trying to bash a game that hasn't even came out yet. Jeeze, nobody can argue that Madden hasn't improved every year on the PS3, 360, Wii, etc.

Paranoid ea haters, don't buy the game if its soo badd!!!

They will have different levels of speed, ALL-PRO-ALLMADDEN will be more sim speed. Rookie and Pro levels are really slowed down speeds for the EA HATERS!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #40
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

No offense to the OP or anyone else, but where the heck were ya'll 3 months ago? Or even a month ago? You wait until NOW, after the game has gone gold, to start this stuff?

You're way too late to the party. You should've been here when it mattered. As it is, you get sliders, or you wait until Madden 11. That's how I see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »