Home

Need to Applaud Madden '09 for Something

This is a discussion on Need to Applaud Madden '09 for Something within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5
Need to Applaud Madden '09 for Something

I know many people say Madden '09 was the worst thing in forever, but I do have to hand it to them, they did one thing to streamline my franchise mode: being able to sub players in and out at the play calling screen. To me this is one of the greatest ideas that has come from the Madden team in awhile and they never get any credit for it. I usually like to use three running backs, and instead of hitting pause every other play and subbing someone in, I can do so on the play calling screen. Thank you guys so much for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

ACUSC's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Need to Applaud Madden '09 for Something

I didn't realize many people thought MAdden 09 was the worst....I thought it was the best thing since 2004
Old 07-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

I too need to applaud Madden 09.......I had severe insomnia; this game cured that.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACUSC
I didn't realize many people thought MAdden 09 was the worst....I thought it was the best thing since 2004
Madden 09 was the best next-gen offering in my opinion. Once I had messed around with the coaching and gameplay sliders, I really enjoyed it.

Plenty of room for improvement though.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
I know many people say Madden '09 was the worst thing in forever, but I do have to hand it to them, they did one thing to streamline my franchise mode: being able to sub players in and out at the play calling screen. To me this is one of the greatest ideas that has come from the Madden team in awhile and they never get any credit for it. I usually like to use three running backs, and instead of hitting pause every other play and subbing someone in, I can do so on the play calling screen. Thank you guys so much for that.
Madden 09 was not the worst thing ever. Far and away, the absolute worst Madden ever was 08. They basically just released a game in beta for us to find all the bugs. And there were a gargantuan amount of bugs and gameplay issues with 08. And don't get me started on the stuttering frame rate on the PS3. I'm done, I'm getting vex just thinking about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

I enjoyed it for what it was... a football game. I still got around 250-300 hours out of the game. Money well spent
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Madden 09 was fun. Real talk...especially after the worst madden ever (madden 08).
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll agree with Madden 08 being a bad game. I bought and sold it in less than a week. Got Madden 08 for last gen instead.....I think I did that for 07 as well......06 was garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »