Home

Demo July 23rd for xbox live gold members

This is a discussion on Demo July 23rd for xbox live gold members within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Demo July 23rd for xbox live gold members

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Answer this. Why would they give everybody a full 5 minute quarter demo? Don't you think that would cut there sales a whole lot? Think about this, many people, sometimes including me, download a demo and play it instead of buying the real game. If it becomes a game I want to buy I will buy it. If it is just a good demo game, I get to play a lengthy demo for free. Doesn't that sound like getting a free game? Plenty of people would just download the demo and then get a real good "feel" for the game and say that it's not worth buying. By giving most people a 1 minute demo, you don't get a great feel for it but it leaves you wanting more out of the game, therefore you go out and buy it.
In actuality they are giving away a full 5 minute quarter demo. Preordering Madden doesn't lock you into buying it. You can put up your 5 bucks just to get the demo. If you like it, put that 5 towards the game, but if not, put it toward something else. Even if you paid in full, you can get refund because the game is unopened.

Also sports demos get old QUICK. Especially if your team isn't in it. Same players, same uniforms, same time of day, gets old. Hell, I'm a Steelers Fan and I wish the full demo was with other teams. At this point, I don't wanna see Polamalu or Fitzgerald.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Wait, am I missing something? Where does it make mention that this will be the full 5 min demo?

Was it in the other thread?
Sorry if it wasn't clear enough, but Pasta Padre and others weren't happy that if you pre-order at GS you get a demo a week earlier than those that don't, plus the demo is 5 minutes long. I was just stating that everyone gets a demo the same day now, so people not going to GS aren't screwed over as much. I'm not arguing for or against, just restating some opinions I've read. I personally preordered at GS, so I'll be waiting for the 9pm mark.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #27
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

so bottom line: The demo will be released for all xbox gold members on the 23rd regardless if you pre-ordered? With the only difference for the pre-orders is that you will get the 5 min qtr superbowl rematch as compared to the 1 min qtrs everyone else will be getting?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
so bottom line: The demo will be released for all xbox gold members on the 23rd regardless if you pre-ordered? With the only difference for the pre-orders is that you will get the 5 min qtr superbowl rematch as compared to the 1 min qtrs everyone else will be getting?
Correct, and obviously if you pre-ordered you have access to the 1 minute quarter demo as well.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #29
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

I think if they knew it was gonna be one minute quarters, they could at least pick relevant teams.

I know EA probably really wanted to show off PROtak more than anything in this demo, hence why they picked the teams they did. Both the Giants and the Cowboys have big bruising running backs that are pretty much built for the new tackling system, but it's just not sustainable on one minute quarters. We're gonna have to hope to god that we get three timeouts per half as per usual and use them to get a decent feel for the running game.

IMO, they would have been much better off picking teams like the Saints/Patriots/Colts/etc, teams that like to pass the ball more, as opposed to being run orientated.

I'll still be downloading the demo on Thursday though, and playing the hell out of it for just under a month. One thing's for sure though, if and when I go back to Madden 09, it's gonna feel HORRIBLE.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #30
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank784
Correct, and obviously if you pre-ordered you have access to the 1 minute quarter demo as well.
Thanks man. Im tempted to go put a few bucks down at GS to get the longer demo and then change my money over to another game, because I will be getting Madden about a week early.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

So when does the GS code begin to work? On the 23rd?
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #32
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Thanks man. Im tempted to go put a few bucks down at GS to get the longer demo and then change my money over to another game, because I will be getting Madden about a week early.
Thinking about doing the same. I am hoping to get the game 3 to 4 days early. Just don't think one mins. qtrs. will suffice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »