Home

best buy madden 10 challenge is on ps3 this year

This is a discussion on best buy madden 10 challenge is on ps3 this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: best buy madden 10 challenge is on ps3 this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
"The only other difference is the fact that you throw haymakers by holding the right shoulder button Xbox 360 and the right trigger on PS3. I much prefer pressing the right trigger to block (as on 360) than the shoulder button (as on PS3). I found that it took the PS3 a half-second longer to react to me pressing the trigger than it did with the shoulder button 360. In a boxing match, that can make all the difference."[/size]

As you can see, IGN actually states the delays are in the PS3 version... just thought I'd clear that up.

And Madden is absolutely, 100% developed on the 360 and ported to the PS3.
I was just about to post this in regards to that dude saying IGN stated it was better on PS3

No game is ever better on PS3 that is made for both consoles.

But every year you can bet people will think so

Madden is made on 360....Is the console that you see all the videos for and the console you see the DEV team using when showing their videos.

How much more do they have to show before people realize it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #26
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I thought I read that the port isn't really true anymore since the dev tools on the PS3 are so different than the XBox 360 and that it's easier to have them developed separately catering to each system?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I was just about to post this in regards to that dude saying IGN stated it was better on PS3

No game is ever better on PS3 that is made for both consoles.

But every year you can bet people will think so

Madden is made on 360....Is the console that you see all the videos for and the console you see the DEV team using when showing their videos.

How much more do they have to show before people realize it

Exactly. Every time you see a video, its on the 360. Don't know if there is anything left to say.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I thought I read that the port isn't really true anymore since the dev tools on the PS3 are so different than the XBox 360 and that it's easier to have them developed separately catering to each system?
That is not true... both consoles have a lot in common for gaming purposes. the ps3 might be stronger but that is for blu ray purposes

companies are not going to make 2 diff games no matter how much OS wants or PS3 fans want

is not going to happen because that is more money spent and EA will continue to make the game on both consoles the same with subtle differences and make their money like that.

I know somebody had said from EA that the ps3 version is not ported and if they still can't make it look as clean and sharp as the 360 then it will never happen

People need to respect that 360 has a strong console that can make incredible looking games much easier then ps3 can

Notice that not only EA but all other 3rd party companies always showcase their games on 360

Is not a madden or EA thing... Is a gaming thing
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #29
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
That is not true... both consoles have a lot in common for gaming purposes. the ps3 might be stronger but that is for blu ray purposes

companies are not going to make 2 diff games no matter how much OS wants or PS3 fans want

is not going to happen because that is more money spent and EA will continue to make the game on both consoles the same with subtle differences and make their money like that.

I know somebody had said from EA that the ps3 version is not ported and if they still can't make it look as clean and sharp as the 360 then it will never happen

People need to respect that 360 has a strong console that can make incredible looking games much easier then ps3 can

Notice that not only EA but all other 3rd party companies always showcase their games on 360

That was my point.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #30
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Please don't respond if you don't know what your talking about for the two systems hardware, this is how false information gets spread around and the PS3 gets a bad rap. The hardware and the ways its used in both systems couldn't be more different. In the PS3 the Cell CPU and RSX GPU work in tandem during games. The Cell dedicates certain cores to the RSX in order to give the GPU extra processing power. While the CPU and GPU in the 360 work together the CPU can not assist the video card in processing as it can in the PS3. This is the biggest problem in third party games, due to the games being optimized for the 360's basic hardware architecture you get slightly inferior ports due to the Cell not being utilized the way it should be. Take ANY exclusive on the 360 and optimize it for the PS3 and it will run just as well if not better on the PS3, however try to optimize many of the exclusives on the PS3 for the 360 and you will get a worse looking game with frame rate issues the PS3 is by far the superior system due to the way its designed it just only gets the chance to flex its muscles in first party titles. If you have any doubt about this take a look at a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 and then look at Uncharted 2 for the PS3 the difference is absolutely night and day.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
Please don't respond if you don't know what your talking about for the two systems hardware, this is how false information gets spread around and the PS3 gets a bad rap. The hardware and the ways its used in both systems couldn't be more different. In the PS3 the Cell CPU and RSX GPU work in tandem during games. The Cell dedicates certain cores to the RSX in order to give the GPU extra processing power. While the CPU and GPU in the 360 work together the CPU can not assist the video card in processing as it can in the PS3. This is the biggest problem in third party games, due to the games being optimized for the 360's basic hardware architecture you get slightly inferior ports due to the Cell not being utilized the way it should be. Take ANY exclusive on the 360 and optimize it for the PS3 and it will run just as well if not better on the PS3, however try to optimize many of the exclusives on the PS3 for the 360 and you will get a worse looking game with frame rate issues the PS3 is by far the superior system due to the way its designed it just only gets the chance to flex its muscles in first party titles. If you have any doubt about this take a look at a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 and then look at Uncharted 2 for the PS3 the difference is absolutely night and day.

Yea...I will stick to the 360 version...Thank you very much for info that has no backbone as evidence by the success of madden on 360 over ps3 or any 3rd party title...

If I want to talk about exclusives then I will talk about it

but this is about 3rd party titles that look better and are smoother on the cheap 360 as compared to the mighty ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 7

Really, a console war thread? sigh
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »