Home

John Madden and Madden 09

This is a discussion on John Madden and Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: John Madden and Madden 09

yeah as much as i love Madden the coach that was Madden the pitchman, i mean really i dont recall Ian or anyone saying "today John Madden himself came in to test the game" LOL

he just lends his name cashes his check and rides his bus, god bless him tho, i aint mad at him.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 18

I love John Madden. That aside, what really jumped out at me in this video was where he said that when they first started making Madden games (way back when) that the goal was to make it look like it does on television. I guess they most closely acheived that back in about 2004/05 when they used to have a broadcast camera angle.

Then he said that they wanted the NFL on television to look like Madden. I suppose thats when they dumped all the features - including authentic TV style camera angles when they jumped to Xbox360 in 06. Well, thankfully television did not follow suit. I really hope Madden returns to its original vision - to emulate what we see on TV every Sunday. I think the development team that's in place now is poised to do just that. Bring that broadcast cam back PLEASE. Immerse us in an authentic NFL experience they way you used to.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 22

did anyone see at 1:11 how the ball does a double jump in mid air? hate to beat a dead horse but damn.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Madden doesn't strike me as a gamer at all. I think it would be easy for him to wowed by graphics and the fact the game carries his name on the box. I don't put a lot of stock into him pitching the game anyway.

He did bring us 11 on 11 football in the video game world so i'll give him that, but he's not a gamer. Never has been, never will be. He's a good coach, great broadcaster and an even better pitchman. I still miss his old Miller Lite ads. Those were classic.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't think that's fair to bash on John like that. I'd wager money that if he read through this forum and saw some of the nitpicks that people have here, he'd be blown away.

It really wasn't that long ago that EA was happy to get a franchise mode into the game, of any kind. John Madden is no gamer, and he's busy doing other things. Yeah, he said he's involved in the development. What that means is that the dev team showed him specific things and he nodded in approval.

And let's not forget: Madden isn't going to come out and bash the game.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
According to that video we Madden 09 August 12th, then 10 on the 14th. Who is getting both?
What are you referring to?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 17

I saw this vid for the first time not to long ago, interesting watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Boy I love madden so much. I can't get the feeling he tryed to hype up 09 last year with this video lol. I didn't like 09. But madden 10 is looking to be great this year. But nice video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »