Home

What madden does and doesn't do well

This is a discussion on What madden does and doesn't do well within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: What madden does and doesn't do well

Way to go bro. Nice the way you explain the good parts of madden 09. The only things I didn't like about madden 09 is the freezing in franchise mode and the madden IQ and that the blocking for running and the pass blocking was not all that good. But I am sure madden 10 is going to be totally better then 09. But again nice videos bro.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul2zion
Good depiction of negatives and positives. My one problem was in video 5 where you state that obviously Casey Hampton should have won the battle against the center, but I don't think that's true as even the greatest players don't defeat the weaker ones in every individual battle. Now over the course of a full game Hampton most likely has the upper hand 7/10 times, but definitely not 10/10.
With the initial surge Hampton had into the backfield and his positioning, he should win that matchup every time because of his strength. Look at 1:12 of the video and pause. You'll see that Hampton has momentum and is leaning forward, were as the center is standing straight up (not a good position to be in). because Hampton is stronger and bigger and has positioning, this in real life would result in the Center being pushed back on his *** and falling either onto the RB or directly in his path.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
For me, text overlays > talking. I prefer videos that tell me what I'm looking for, and then show it to me quickly. I really don't want to wait a minute just to see movement.

I would've preferred you did all the prefacing in your post, then let the video support your thread, instead of making the videos the entirety of your content.

But like I said, Madden 09 is old news. Madden 10 is being stamped onto DVDs as we speak. Everything you show, today, is nullified by Madden 10. You can't go to Ian with Madden 09 videos when Madden 10 is the latest build. It's like complaining about bugs in a beta build 1000 when build 1200 is the latest beta.
Thank you, I will do this next time and see how people respond to it. In retrospect I agree it is much better. In regards to M10 I agree with you. I know that these videos wont alter M10, but they are not with out thier own merit. Like I said I don't want excuses if I see the same flaws in M10 that they were caused by "pro-Tak" or somethings else. Again, at the very least, these would be great to compare M10 against, wouldn't they be? We will see if M10 fixed these problems already or if it is more of the same. I know I will be keeping my copy of 09 just for the sake of comparison.

It doesn't take very much for people to lose trust in your product no matter what it is, but it takes a long time for people to regain that trust. While Ian has earned a lot of respect and my trust, I cannot fully give it to him until I play Madden 10 for myself.

Thank you all for the replies, they have been helpful. [gonna try that short vid with text overlay next]
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I'd really like to be able to comment on the videos, but my comp at work has no speakers lol. I can watch them and figure out what you're pointing out, but I'd like to know exactly what you think are issues to be fair.

I'll give them a go when I get home, or maybe I'll pull up OS on my iPhone.
This post alone is a great reason why I will do shorter videos with text. Thanks again. I want to make the best M10 videos I can, and it helps to get this practice and feedback before Aug 14th.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I think creating a thread that features video clips of Madden 09, last years game , is a waste of time.

I have to disagree. Considering the amount of time/energy that has been put into oline/dine interaction in this game, these problems need to be fixed or this game is a bust for me. Making these videos brings it to the attention of more gamers so they can post whether or not it's still in the game when they play the demo. I don't trust EAs responses and I'm not about to preorder this game just to try the demo myself.

Nice vids Gaither. I like the first one the best. It shows what I expect to see happening more often in madden 10 on the left side of the line and what I want to see fixed on the right.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »