Home

An Honest Opinion on why we desire perfection in Madden!

This is a discussion on An Honest Opinion on why we desire perfection in Madden! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: An Honest Opinion on why we desire perfection in Madden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
who is we!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

But really. I thought that 08 was a solid game. Take out the 3 DL glitch and add in slide protection it was good. I cant really find anything else wrong with it........And guys this is not an open invite to list everything YOU have probs with

And 09 is great to me.......Take out the overly effective FB dive and the RC and this is one of the best maddens i have played....I didnt play franchise mode, just online and play now......And again this isnt an open invite to list everything you have probs with

And you can say im a EA fanboy. Or that im sipping the kool-aid but I really dont give a F.......I love playing madden. If I had a choice to play 1 game all year I would choose madden. Some people just take a game too seriously really. Im a madden/football freak/nerd I cant get enough of football....But with some of the complants I hear on this site I cant imagine how most of you guys are married.....joke joke

This website has killed the kid in me. Thats all I got 2 say. And most people know what im talking about when I say this to

The colonel has spoken...lol
Sometimes, I agree that people here can go overboard. But in that same sense, that's the point of this forum. Madden 09 was way too fast for me, and I found issue after issue that made me want to chuck my controller. Now, in past Maddens, I'd always go right back (last gen, that is. 09 was my first next gen Madden). Madden 09 was the first that, instead of picking back up, I eventually took the game to Gamestop and traded it in.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
I know that these games have not been perfect but overall MADDEN STILL PLAYS A GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL.
I didn't make it past this point.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I think the reason there is such criticism these days is because no matter how old we all are, we have pretty much been playing this series (or another series) since we were younger. I myself have stuck with Madden since the PC days.

I remember getting Madden on ps1 for Christmas one year and just have such a blast with it every day.

But all the while when we were younger and enjoying these games, it was also in the back of our minds what the future would hold for these games.

Fast forward to now, and it just seems like the games aren't where we thought they would be. Maybe expectations were too high, maybe they weren't but since this has been such a long standing series, at this point I'm sure many expected more.

There is nothing wrong with wanting or craving a great game. Who knows, 10 may be a step towards the direction. But my opinion is that the animosity towards the game comes from expectations built up from when we were younger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Though I do agree with some of what Kehlis is saying, I don't think our expectations are to high. We have seen what can be done with the right mindset and dedication to the sport. I hate to beat this drum,but 2K has it down packed. Not just with the NFL 2K5 ,but with NBA 2K series as well. They continue to build on every aspect of that game. From presentation to gameplay,and that's all were asking for with EA.....we're not asking for the sun,moon,and stars, we just want what we know can be done......It's almost like watching kid play a sport and you see the talent and the potential but they just don't have the drive,and they pretty much settled where they are as a player.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Madden has always played a good/great game of football. It just hasn't been a realistic game of football. Hopefully that will start changing.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
Banned

LSUsmitty's Arena

OVR: 2

Just me thinking off the top of my head here.... and in a rush as i am at work but:

The passion that some of these fans have for the game is beyond description. My passion for College football is .....well i just can't wait for the season to start year after year. That feeling doesn't get old, and I never get tired of looking forward to the next season.

Having said that, these (Me also) fans love to put ourselves in the game along-side the people that play this game every Sunday. It is kind of like role playing and putting yourself in a scenario that wouldn't ordinarily happen every day, as many of us were not born to play football at the level these athletes have. Now.....

Having said that, Now take that passion for the game, and all the anticipation for the next season, and all the emotions that go along with Saturday, and Sunday and try to capture that in a video game?

I think that is why we are so passionate about the perfection of these games. To emerse yourself, and put yourself on "Soldier" field on sunday and escape from life's every day rigors and to play a sport I was not born to play at that level.

Getting into the industry of game making. I am of the philosophy if you build the game as good as you can make it, down to the greatest detail ....then the money will follow. However, some companies have (in the recent past) taken the stance, "Lets add fluff and gimmicks so younger people will be attracted to our game, and add one or two details in there to get the hardcore baller interested, package it up, and market the hell out of it."

Then, when the hardcore fan gets his/her hands on it, it is generally a huge letdown. Thus, the cry for more immersion and detail that creates more hardcore realism.

I can't speak for the rest of the fans of the madden series, But I believe this year's Madden is the first attempt at creating and marketing a game to the hardcore football fan. From all intents and purposes they might have done good this year. Who knows, only time will tell. But that is my take on your question.!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Correct and I agree with you my fiend. Madden will never be perfect. But we do try to push the DEV team of madden to do their best to make the game as real as possible. Because that is what they are paid to do. Most people it takes them 8 hours of work to make 60 dollars. People want the realist game they can buy. But I give Ian and crew for the hard work they put into madden 10. I Thank them all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

I don't want Madden to be perfect. I just want Madden to simulate the game of football. All aspects of football. Linemen in the trenches, LBs read and react and make plays, the secondary interacting with receivers and backs, QB dropping back to make the passes, all with natural movements. It can be done. It's been done before and we all know who set the bar.

It's 2009, we have the hardware capable of making it happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »