Home

Should Madden Bring back Fair Play?

This is a discussion on Should Madden Bring back Fair Play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Madden Bring Back Fair Play? (Online)
Yes, They should and they should make is mandatory. 58 56.86%
No 11 10.78%
Yes and it should be optional 30 29.41%
I dont Care, let them Cheese. 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 36
Re: Should Madden Bring back Fair Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Didn't it only let you go for it if you were behind or in the last 2 minutes? I don't know for sure.

I asked this earlier and didn't get an answer, did fair play stop you choosing a fake punt?

I can say whatever I like. Fair play being there is actually part of the reason for me not playing online.

That is evidence of a different problem. Those things should be fixed rather than forcing fair play on people.
yes fair play stopped you from fake punting or or fake extra points and stuff like that.

and fair play was only in the game in 06 and maybe 07 so it shouldnt have stopped you from playing online tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
yes fair play stopped you from fake punting or or fake extra points and stuff like that.
So with fair play there is no point in those plays being in the game.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
There you go. Thats they problem. People like you always want to go for it on 4th down everytime are want to kick a onsides everytime time you turn around. It ain't real football. I would love to see fairplay back for onlineplay so people would stop cheesing all the time. Fairplay would keep the game in balance. Seeing someone going on fourth everysingle time makes me want to throw up. Know that ain't real life football. I love to play close real football as much as I can. But I don't want to play agaist cheesers neither. So bottomline I do surpport the fairplay idea.
What the F do you meen people like me.....dog u know nothing about me.....You know what, send me a frend request on XBL so you can see my stats from madden 09...See my 3rd down conversion % and 4th % and everything else they show..........I know they do show that I played over 150 games wth only the falcons and won over 100......I would gladly shut you down if we played 09 but mine broke......But we can surely get a game in the day after 10 drops
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
What makes it not real football ? Because you have not seen it in real life right. I agree with you on that point. However if someone chooses to go for it on 4th down every play aint that a 50/50 proposition that benefits you or him. You shut him down on his side of the field advantage you, he makes it hes rewarded for taking the risk.

This is the real question, is it the stress and frustration of him converting the 4th down that irks you or just the fact he is doing it ?

Dont get me wrong, I aint condoning going for it every 4th down. I dont play that way. The issue is you are playing Joe somebody who for whatever reason wants to take that chance on 4th and whatever. Not Norv Turner. So do you step up to the challenge and stop him, or cringe and get frustrated and take yourself out of the game thinking more about that than stopping him ?

NOW if the guy is using some exploit then its not the 4th down call thats the problem, its the exploit. That needs to be fixed, not the behavoir of the opponent. You can change your opponents behavior by making him see its futile to go for it on 4th down. He will either stop trying or quit.
Thank you....Thats all im trying to say
Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
That is evidence of a different problem. Those things should be fixed rather than forcing fair play on people.
I completely agree!!! But until that day comes, Fair Play is the way to go.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #70
Banned

unless there was a reason to use it. God damn. ****ing hating on online fairplay.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 8

If there were no glitches in the game, there'd be no need for it. But since there are always glitches, it'd be nice if there was an option to enforce at least SOME realism. What I'd envision:

In your online profile, you specify your preference and whether you exclusively want that option. For instance, you could say you prefer fair play on, but would play either. Or you could say you only want to play with fair play off. It'd be a few extra lines of code in matchup logic. Whenever both will play either way, flip a virtual coin.

For online leagues, it should be league rules.

Statistically speaking, real NFL teams tend to be overly risk averse -- for instance, 4th and 1 and the opponent's 20. Most teams would take the FG, but statistically you'd be better off going for it. So if there were fair play rules, I'd want them to be somewhat loose. Some counters would help, something like "you can go for it on 4th down when fair play says no only 1-2 times per game". That'd allow the element of surprise but prevent massive abuse of glitches which WILL be there. They always are.

Oh, and the 49ers have been known to go for onside kick trick plays as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
If there were no glitches in the game, there'd be no need for it. But since there are always glitches, it'd be nice if there was an option to enforce at least SOME realism. What I'd envision:

In your online profile, you specify your preference and whether you exclusively want that option. For instance, you could say you prefer fair play on, but would play either. Or you could say you only want to play with fair play off. It'd be a few extra lines of code in matchup logic. Whenever both will play either way, flip a virtual coin.

For online leagues, it should be league rules.

Statistically speaking, real NFL teams tend to be overly risk averse -- for instance, 4th and 1 and the opponent's 20. Most teams would take the FG, but statistically you'd be better off going for it. So if there were fair play rules, I'd want them to be somewhat loose. Some counters would help, something like "you can go for it on 4th down when fair play says no only 1-2 times per game". That'd allow the element of surprise but prevent massive abuse of glitches which WILL be there. They always are.

Oh, and the 49ers have been known to go for onside kick trick plays as well.
If i remember correctly fairplay did allow the 4th and 1 attempts. Im going to try and find link to a list of what fair play actually did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »