Home

When someone quits a online game in M10 ...

This is a discussion on When someone quits a online game in M10 ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
When someone quits a online game in M10 ...

Will you still have to continue against the cpu to get the win? I hope not.

Will they be penalized in any way?

Anyone know the details on this?? I felt this really needed some attention in 09.

Last edited by xylocaine; 07-22-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: When someone quits a online game in M10 ...

ll I know is tat NCAA pisses me off. I played against someone last night and as soon as the game started (right after coin toss), the dude pauses the game and pulls the plug. Automatic loss & DNF increase for me. That's happened twice already to me. This better not be in Madden. People will always find a way to cheat the system.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I dont know how or if they improved it. But this is how I would like it to be done.

If you quit the game if you are down
-auto loss

If you quit the game when you are up
-your opp has to play the cpu until he is up, once he is up he has the choice to quit and get the win

Thats the basis of it, I will go over the other end of it so it makes perfect sence

If your opp quits the game when you are up
- you get an auto win or you can chose to play the rest of the game

Your opp quits the game when they are up
- you have to play the cpu until you are ahead.... If you get ahead you have the option to get the win or play the rest of the game

I think this way is fair to both sides.......Everyone has had to quit a game before for reasons other than you choosing. So this at least gives the guys that quit the game when winning a chance to get the win. Because If you were up 21 and you had to quit you know you won the game, now you just arent throwing that hard work away, you got the cpu to finish the job you couldnt complete.

* I think that this will also slow down some of the DC glitching*

Also on a side not can the consede defete/grant mercey options be chosen starting at the 2nd quarter.......Becuz if im loosing 28-0 in the 2nd quarter I just want to stop and find another game, becuz im not going to win and I dont want to wait til after halftime...Thats just wasting my time

Last edited by WFColonel56; 07-22-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes it really does the fact that you have to waste your time playing the cpu when you want to play a real opponent and can't force cpu to conceded even if you are blowing them out is wack. Their really needs to be a whole new system done for online rankings and skill points to at least try and make an attempt at people to prevent them from cheating/ boosting their records.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I've always felt it wasn't fair to still play the game especially when the other guy quits. It should be an automatic loss no matter what for quiting. And it always sucked too because some of the quits came in the late 1st quarter or 2nd quarter then you had to play the entire game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags With Swag
Yeah, I've always felt it wasn't fair to still play the game especially when the other guy quits. It should be an automatic loss no matter what for quiting. And it always sucked too because some of the quits came in the late 1st quarter or 2nd quarter then you had to play the entire game.
It sucks because your intensity (at least mine) weakens when not paying against a human opponent.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

The reason they dont allow concede after the 1st.....theres still 3 Quarters left
Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
The reason they dont allow concede after the 1st.....theres still 3 Quarters left
Yeah but you can concede after halftime. And there are still 2 quarters left....I dont see much of a diff, you still got to be up by 21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »