Home

Spygate still there

This is a discussion on Spygate still there within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Spygate still there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
Yes, of course I did that, ran an out slot when the DB stayed with the streaking WR.

Listen, I know how to play the game, I am talking about the AI knowing your plays. This doesn't bother anyone else? I know for a fact the Dev's were aware of this as well.
Not really, no. If this is true, I'm not bothered. Tons of games do this in order to make the game harder. RTS games allow the AI to see your units, or get 1.5x resources. FPS games, the mobs will know where you are (Left 4 Dead).

Call it what you will, but I'm not hurt by it, if it's true.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Not really, no. If this is true, I'm not bothered. Tons of games do this in order to make the game harder. RTS games allow the AI to see your units, or get 1.5x resources. FPS games, the mobs will know where you are (Left 4 Dead).

Call it what you will, but I'm not hurt by it, if it's true.
I read that post and wonder how you can type that and have it make sense to you... Madden is supposed to be a NFL simulation. It's packaged as an NFL simulation. We all complain how it isn't, but that's not the point. Letting the computer know what you are doing for the sake of making the game harder is not sim.

RTS games are not sim. You don't "build people" or "recruit" them on the battlefield or "train them" on the battlefield. You don't have to rediscover technology over and over again eveerytime you start a new map. If I "learned" how to make firebats in the 2ed level, then why do I have to re-research it aghain in the 3rd level? RTS are fun, but for many reasons they are not sim.

FPS are not sim. We are not Gods with near a near unlimited ability to carry things and swtich weapons that fast, etc. FPS do not claim to be sim.

This is the difference. This is why so many people get butt hurt when others complain about Madden not being "sim." EA has the claim "if it's in the game, it's in the game." and "Everything you see on Sunday." OS users aren't placing this standard on EA, EA is claiming thier games live up to this standard. When they don't, which is often, we have every right to complain. More importantly, we have every right and, IMO, the duty to point out the flaws, the things the game does do well, and try our best to help EA improve one of our favorite games.

All-Madden should get hard by cheating the player, it should get harder by giving the most realistic simulation representation of the ratings IMO. There should be more penalties, bad blocks [not missed blocks, but failed blocks, and yes there is a difference], incomplete passes from drops and bad throws, poor tackling, etc. The computer should capitalize on your mistakes and play hard to not make mistakes of their own.

All-Pro should be more fair to both parties where the computer is more prone to make mistakes in order to represent "human error."

It is tight rope to walk. I honestly have always though that All-Madden should be the true sim setting, not the setting that requires super stick skillz to win on.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Madden is a video game, at the end of the day. I understand how programs are built, I work in such a field. I would love for Madden to reach a point (and technology in general) where such shortcuts are not required. A learning AI, an AI that can truly use all that a coach knows and apply that knowledge procedurally. But to ask that right now, of Madden 2010, when I know all the other issues that need to be fixed would be crazy of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Madden is a video game, at the end of the day. I understand how programs are built, I work in such a field. I would love for Madden to reach a point (and technology in general) where such shortcuts are not required. A learning AI, an AI that can truly use all that a coach knows and apply that knowledge procedurally. But to ask that right now, of Madden 2010, when I know all the other issues that need to be fixed would be crazy of me.
The computer knowing what play you are calling is a pretty damn big issue that needs to be addressed, much more so than running animations or any other cosmetic feature.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

What would happen if the CPU just ran the play it called?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #14
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

This is the most annoying thing in all of video games. All video games know exactly what you are doing at the hard levels, sometimes even on easier levels. I can't stand it when, like you said, I come out in a passing formation with a run play called only to find the defense in goalline D ready to stop me. I audible to pass, what do you know, the D scrambles around and switches to Dime or something. Unbelievable. One time I sat there for like 20 secs just flipping from run to pass, run to pass, and of course, everytime the defense kept on scrambling around to the perfect formation and play to stop it. Irritating...

Oh well Madden 10 is still the best next gen football game out!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Man i thought it was just me who was annoyed by this. It's in NCAA as well and is one of the reasons why running out of the shotgun spread formations vs the cpu in that game is "difficult". Yeah i can audible to a pass, and yeah i can call a pass and audible to a run and the run play will work just a little better but why should we have to do these things? What D-coordinator would send out 3 linebackers to match up with 4 wr's consisently thats just crazy. Good defense can be expressed in a better form than the shortcuts EA takes with these games and thats whats frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »