Home

Troof chasing: Madden 10 Demo

This is a discussion on Troof chasing: Madden 10 Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Troof chasing: Madden 10 Demo

So I came home, downloaded the demo, called my friend whom I play Madden with and told him to come over so we can play it, and once it was finished and he arrived, we played.

So, we liked the new polish on the game and the game speed was nice, however, looking past the polish we already began to question how good the M10 demo really was. After playing two games we decided it was time on the 3rd game to watch some replays and pull out the webcam to do some trooof chasing.

Most of the time, if the QB is hit he will throw a terrible pass that could be picked off. Despite that, here we ran into this play early on:

Keep in mind this is on All-Pro. I assume this is a build prior to the "fix" in the line interactions because maning has all day to throw. Once he does decide to get rid of it, we see a terrible interaction. not only is the ball not jarred loose, but Manning goes through the entire throwing motion and never lets go of the ball. this is exactally like what madden did prior to the new QB branching window addtion thingy that we normally see in action.

Next up, on the last play of the game, we got this:

A very cool animation where Eli slips on the last play of the game while trying to throw a game tieing TD pass. After he recovers he finds he receiver and attempts to make a throw just as Marucs Spears comes in to make the hit. While Spears breaks up the pass, one can't help but notice the lack of proper momentum and a poor animation choice. Spears should ruin Eli's day here and instead slides sideways and does a "toss you to the ground" animation.

Next up we have an issue with PA on a PA pass:

Not only do we not have either WR looking in at the line pior to the snap of the ball, but afterwards neither the FB or DB really look for the pass that they otherwise react to. Wasn't PA supposed to fix the visuals of these plays? Also, didn't Ian say something about players not being able to reliably make a play on the ball if they can't aren't looking at the ball? I just don't like the total lack of PA on not only this play, but I hardly ever see it working.

Next up we have both some good and bad:

The good, IMO is the interaction and animation of the DT to blow past the RG and sweep in for the sack while I am waiting for my routes to develop... and WHAP I got developed! What I don't like on this play is the interaction with the LG, C, and the other DT. Why is the C sliding around and not allowing the LG to take care of the DT? Why isn't the LG taking care of the DT? why doesn't the C help the LG take care of the DT, but not by slidding around and behind him exposing a hole in the center of the O-line? it's just bad.

This last video I did some commentary for as well:

For those with out audio, I want to know wtf F. Adams is doing on this play. While I may not have ogtten a TD on this play, I sure as heck would have hada shot if Adams would have done his job right. Just more flaws with the AI and the blocking logic.

So where does my friend fit into all of this? He said two things that were very on point. "I like the slower game sped, but it still feels like the same game, just on slow motion." and "I hope the real game is better than this. This isn't bad, but it really isn't all that fun or exciting to play."

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-24-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Troof chasing: Madden 10 Demo

Nice job nitpicking. Ian said PA was just a visual effect this year, he said it will be what you thought it to be, in madden 11.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

That final vid with F. Adams turning to make an unnecessary block deeply disturbs me. This happened in 09 ALL THE TIME!!!!!! it made running sweeps or stretches completely pointless because the lead blocker would never follow their assignment. I'm starting to believe this "slot machine theory" Rmoody and apex have, and its beginning to drive me insane.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefandpork
Nice job nitpicking. Ian said PA was just a visual effect this year, he said it will be what you thought it to be, in madden 11.
That's fine. If I misunderstood what PA was, then I apologize. Visually though, I still hardly ever see it in action so what ever.

In the end I may be the only one here not impressd with the Madden 10 Demo, and that's fine. I came home and called my friend hoping to play a great game and show him a great game so he would go out and pre-order it too. Instead he left not even wanting the game. He said he would rather wait until i buy it and we can play the real game. I actually looked like the fool as I have been talking up all these great features and interactions and what not. then we actually paly the thing and it feels like 09 on slow mo. you can argue all the visuals you want, and I don't want to take away from all the work Ian and his team have done, but strip the visual gleam of of it and I'm not terribly impressed.

Also, both on All-madden and all pro I as completing 80% of my passes and running rather well. there is a learning curve, but it is a small one that has more to do with game sped than game play.

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-24-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
So I came home, downloaded the demo, called my friend whom I play Madden with and told him to come over so we can play it, and once it was finished and he arrived, we played.

So, we liked the new polish on the game and the game speed was nice, however, looking past the polish we already began to question how good the M10 demo really was. After playing two games we decided it was time on the 3rd game to watch some replays and pull out the webcam to do some trooof chasing.

Most of the time, if the QB is hit he will throw a terrible pass that could be picked off. Despite that, here we ran into this play early on:

&nbsp
&nbsp

Keep in mind this is on All-Pro. I assume this is a build prior to the "fix" in the line interactions because maning has all day to throw. Once he does decide to get rid of it, we see a terrible interaction. not only is the ball not jarred loose, but Manning goes through the entire throwing motion and never lets go of the ball. this is exactally like what madden did prior to the new QB branching window addtion thingy that we normally see in action.

Next up, on the last play of the game, we got this:

&nbsp
&nbsp

A very cool animation where Eli slips on the last play of the game while trying to throw a game tieing TD pass. After he recovers he finds he receiver and attempts to make a throw just as Marucs Spears comes in to make the hit. While Spears breaks up the pass, one can't help but notice the lack of proper momentum and a poor animation choice. Spears should ruin Eli's day here and instead slides sideways and does a "toss you to the ground" animation.

Next up we have an issue with PA on a PA pass:

&nbsp
&nbsp

Not only do we not have either WR looking in at the line pior to the snap of the ball, but afterwards neither the FB or DB really look for the pass that they otherwise react to. Wasn't PA supposed to fix the visuals of these plays? Also, didn't Ian say something about players not being able to reliably make a play on the ball if they can't aren't looking at the ball? I just don't like the total lack of PA on not only this play, but I hardly ever see it working.

Next up we have both some good and bad:

&nbsp
&nbsp

The good, IMO is the interaction and animation of the DT to blow past the RG and sweep in for the sack while I am waiting for my routes to develop... and WHAP I got developed! What I don't like on this play is the interaction with the LG, C, and the other DT. Why is the C sliding around and not allowing the LG to take care of the DT? Why isn't the LG taking care of the DT? why doesn't the C help the LG take care of the DT, but not by slidding around and behind him exposing a hole in the center of the O-line? it's just bad.

This last video I did some commentary for as well:

&nbsp
&nbsp

For those with out audio, I want to know wtf F. Adams is doing on this play. While I may not have ogtten a TD on this play, I sure as heck would have hada shot if Adams would have done his job right. Just more flaws with the AI and the blocking logic.

So where does my friend fit into all of this? He said two things that were very on point. "I like the slower game sped, but it still feels like the same game, just on slow motion." and "I hope the real game is better than this. This isn't bad, but it really isn't all that fun or exciting to play."

Very nice writeup.. It's exactly how some of us feel as well about Madden 10. It's just disturbing how many issues still exist from madden 09. To see all the Suction blocking even more, bad AI blocking, and DB's swatting balls without even looking it just makes things worse. To me this is the key quote that hits home and what truely sums it up..

"I like the slower game speed, but it still feels like the same game, just on slow motion."

Whether you believe it or not, bottom line thats the truth.. If your a "trooof chaser" you will see it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 AM   #6
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
Very nice writeup.. It's exactly how some of us feel as well about Madden 10. It's just disturbing how many issues still exist from madden 09. To see all the Suction blocking even more, bad AI blocking, and DB's swatting balls without even looking it just makes things worse. To me this is the key quote that hits home and what truely sums it up..

"I like the slower game speed, but it still feels like the same game, just on slow motion."

Whether you believe it or not, bottom line thats the truth.. If your a "trooof chaser" you will see it...
I have to agree here. It feels a lot like Madden 09 and NCAA 10...just slower. I'm not really up in arms about it, just kind of disappointed after all the hype.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:30 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ea is going to take replays out sooner or later.. Its def not helpiing them at all..lol
Old 07-24-2009, 04:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
"I like the slower game sped, but it still feels like the same game, just on slow motion."
Alot of troof to this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »