Home

Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

This is a discussion on Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #73
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
But that's the thing. They will never...NEVER...make everyone happy. GTAIV was the highest selling and most critically acclaimed video game in the last 3 years and even THAT game has YouTube videos with people pissed off about various bugs and glitches.

I agree with this, I will add that dispite the bugs and glitches it was a very fun game. Personally Madden 10 can have some bugs and glitches, but as long as they arent exploitable AI glitches, and it doesnt take away from the game being fun, then i dont care to be quite honest. these people arent supermen. and if its something minor then leave it. because in programming everytime you fix something you possibly break something else. This is coming from someone who has been relatively unhappy with EA football games the past 5 years. But I do understand how hard it is to program, and so far with the demo this year, I am actually pretty happy that im gonna buy madden this year and play it as much as i play NHL and i play a ****load of NHL.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #74
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

A couple of the vids I saw are of one play. Run the play in practice mode over and over and see what happens. IRL plays get blown up every now and then. So why make one video of a play getting blown up and bashing Madden because of it.

I've played both demos and I'm still buying the game because I think it's a good game. I'm not buying it to pick our glitches, make videos, and to just complain for the sake of it. Get over yourself guys.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 10

LoL, I feel you completely its so frustrating opening up vague posts/threads and its someone crying about stuff that we have no power over really, we're just playing the game like everyone else ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #76
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been playing Madden for almost 10 years now and I never cared about glitches, etc.

But ever since I started watching apex' and moody's videos, I have to admit I've opened my eyes and started to be much more aware of mistakes in these games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to buy Madden 10.

But not because it's the BEST 2010 football simulation out there, I'm gonna buy it because it is the ONLY 2010 football simulation out there.

You won't even see most of the glitches and problems when you're playing it at regular speed and not go to instant replay to watch it again.
On the other hand, there definitely are situations where I am asking myself what the hell is going on.

Today, I caught a pass with Steve Breaston - the only guy in front of me was Deshea Townsend (CB), Breaston turned back to see the ball while he was running.
In this situation, Townsend was about 2-3 feet away from Breaston - from his view, he has a receiver catching a ball that isn't aware of him.
In EVERY NFL game Breaston would've been hit like a mofo, he would've landed on his back, because NO defensive back is gonna give up a free hit like that.
What happened in Madden? Townsend stopped, tried to tackle Breaston and got trucked.

After I saw this, I checked the ratings and in fact - Breaston is stronger and more agile than him - and those ratings determined the animation and outcome of the tackle.

How can this be simulation football?

Please don't get me wrong guys, I'm no Madden lover, nor a Madden *****. I'm just telling you what I witnessed today, and it definitely was not fun to watch, especially since Breaston scored the game-winning Touchdown on me with a couple of seconds left in the 4th.

It's moments like this where I question the necessity of ratings-based animations/outcomes. Position should matter, no, HAS TO matter in situations like these.

I love what Ian and the team did with Madden, it's much better than 09, but the running game and SOME animations still look the same as 09.
I don't want a PERFECT football simulation, I just want one where position comes before ratings.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #77
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the Moody videos are the best of the bunch, and even though I love the demo and am content with the direction M10 is going I still can enjoy Moody's videos. I think his points are well put, to the point and valid. I don't watch any one elses videos because I don't need to see the same thing being said by 20 other people.

BTW- I always thought it sounded more like "choof chasers".
Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10

Apex and RMoody are just attention wh*res, plain and simple. They simply look for odd occurences and when the find them, they video tape them.

Funny thing is in APF(which i loved), odd things happened also. Ian actually pointed out one of the problem with the long animations in APF in his blog about pass blocking.

It's about the core gamplay, Apex who I've watch longer than RMoody never touched on the roll and chuck, not even once. He simply finds minor glitches(during replay, not in game action)and wines about them.

He's got no credibility with me.

IMO RMoody is an Apex wanna be.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #79
Rookie

TheGMan77's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
I don't tell my name or show my face, so how I'm I showboating. Hey your Showboating for Chatting on this Forum, See how easy that was, its Easy to falsely Accuse Someone

Sue me I'm Passionate about Sports videogames, that's why I do what I do, More people should do what I do and more if they disagree with something as Long as their repectful, its Called letting your Voice be Heard for the Purpose of making an Impact on something that interest you no Matter How big or small it is.

I Prove Valid Points to Hold up a Standard in Sports Videogames, to protect the Integrity of the Genre, so we all can enjoy authenticity which is Very Scarce, and for this some people come at me all Type's of ways. Shame.

The Funny Part is, if EA and 2K for some Strange Reason where to Listens to what people like me are saying and makes these Improvements people like you would love it, and thats what buggs me out the most.

Other People have a Corporate Hive Mentality that follows what ever they think is the Status Quo, and they don't even work for EA or these other Companies, don't even get Paid by them, But Just give them More of their Hard Earned Money Instead, They just follow Blindly accepting whatever, even if it's insulting their own Intelligence with Exaggerated Marketing, Gimmicks and False Advertising. All for being under the False Pretense of Fair Competition. They Love the Status Quo and the Status Quo Doesn't Love them back
Initial caps FTW.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

One other point I just thought of.

You pro-Apex video guys are using, "Don't like the videos? Don't watch them!" as your battlecry. Well here's mine...

"Don't like Madden NFL 10? Don't buy it."

'nuff said.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »