Home

Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

This is a discussion on Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
Every game has Glitches as Flaws, but the Flaws in the Next Gen Maddens are more Numerous and way more Crucial to the Expression of Real Football.
Nope. NHL 09 has many flaws -- heck, it doesn't even resemble hockey half the time. And MLB 2K9 is a horrific glitchfest doesn't resemble baseball in the slightest. The reason so many people comment on Madden's glitches is because it sells millions more units than those other two games. That's the only difference. Don't make this into anything except what it is -- football gamers going insanely overboard complaining about issues with their particular game of choice.

Last edited by baa7; 07-24-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Don't make this into anything except what it is -- football gamers going insanely overboard complaining about issues with their particular game of choice.
...all the while, attempting to grab the attention of the game developers in hopes of gaining employment at EA Tiburon.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #51
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
This is a matter of opinion though, yet you state it as fact. And "most people" are still buying and enjoying Madden on this generation of consoles. Look at the sales numbers. Your idea of "most people" is the vocal minority that troll the forums on the internet.
It's hard to say how much of that sales success is because people have no other choice though. Most of us acknowledge Madden has had an extremely poor showing next-gen, quality wise. And even though the game was better last year, I think sales on the PS3 and 360 actually declined (if I read www.vgchartz.com listings correctly). Which is remarkable, given that they have the market all to themselves and that the NFL has continued to grow in popularity.

That said, maybe this is the game where people of their own free will start posting "look at this cool thing I did/saw" and it balances out more with the negative critiques that people put out. Imo those types of things happen naturally - I remember when the NBA2K7 demo released and there were tons of positive fan vids just over a demo. I've seen some pretty cool things in the Madden demo just as I've seen some pretty wonky things. So I think if it's truly deserved, the good will balance out more - or even outweigh - the bad

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #52
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Look, we all appreciate good constructive criticism for the Madden guys, focusing their eyes on problems with the games, but more and more I'm seeing videos pointing out the obvious (ie the types of glitches that ship with every game, clipping, tolerance issues, collision detection) and, well, to be blunt, there's a lot of videos out there on the M10 demo that are flat wrong.

I don't wanna start naming names and calling out guys who are doing their best to help make Madden better, but I do know more than a few of you are doing it for the attention, some are doing it because you think it'll make Ian suddenly decide you're the reincarnation of Bill Walsh and hire you.

* You wanna work for EA sports, www.tiburon.com is the place to start. The rest of us don't need to see your resume.

* You wanna get to Community Day, try making a video pointing out some positives and prove you're fair minded.

To be honest, 90% of the good videos I see would be more efficiently put into a post with screen shots rather than put into video form. At least then I don't have to listen to you ho-hum around for 10 minutes before you get to the point.

And, of course, the most important point: When there's 6.5 billion videos on YouTube that are all basically excuses for closet "HEY IAN" threads, what percentage of them do you actually think he's gonna see?

Disclaimer: There are a few I do not direct this at. There are a few that are damn good at this and I hope they continue. This is not meant as a catch all. Once again, I don't wanna name names, and I'm not going to name them by exclusion either, so I'll leave it at that.
Lol, I'll point out names.

Apex and his "Troof Chasers"... AKA, a bunch of loners sitting in their parent's basement with nothing better to do that disect video games. NERD ALERT!

Dorks like them and their legion of lonely followers are the main reason I mostly stay out of this forum these days.

Haha, troof chasers... I laugh everytime I think about it.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Look, we all appreciate good constructive criticism for the Madden guys, focusing their eyes on problems with the games, but more and more I'm seeing videos pointing out the obvious (ie the types of glitches that ship with every game, clipping, tolerance issues, collision detection) and, well, to be blunt, there's a lot of videos out there on the M10 demo that are flat wrong.

Okay, why not make a thread about these bad videos and post your proof instead of calling out other members?

I don't wanna start naming names and calling out guys who are doing their best to help make Madden better, but I do know more than a few of you are doing it for the attention, some are doing it because you think it'll make Ian suddenly decide you're the reincarnation of Bill Walsh and hire you.

Yea right, there's Apex and Moody, it's pretty clear who you're talking about.

* You wanna work for EA sports, www.tiburon.com is the place to start. The rest of us don't need to see your resume.

Never heard either mention one thing about EVER wanting to work for EA. So what's your point with this besides proving you can embed a link?

* You wanna get to Community Day, try making a video pointing out some positives and prove you're fair minded.

Never heard one video from anyone who stated they wanted to be at Community Day. Again what's your point?

To be honest, 90% of the good videos I see would be more efficiently put into a post with screen shots rather than put into video form. At least then I don't have to listen to you ho-hum around for 10 minutes before you get to the point.

It's real easy, if you don't like a video don't watch it. If you got a better way of doing things do it, and stop calling out people who are actually doing something.

And, of course, the most important point: When there's 6.5 billion videos on YouTube that are all basically excuses for closet "HEY IAN" threads, what percentage of them do you actually think he's gonna see?

Jesus Christ, there's maybe 100 video's if that about problems with Madden.

Disclaimer: There are a few I do not direct this at. There are a few that are damn good at this and I hope they continue. This is not meant as a catch all. Once again, I don't wanna name names, and I'm not going to name them by exclusion either, so I'll leave it at that.

LOL, you start a call out thread about other members and then put a disclaimer on it, real cute.

I guess the mods give free reign to CD guys regardless of who they attack as long as they're clever about it. Wow, I can't wait for more threads like this that do absolutley nothing for the forum or the game. Way to go dude!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #54
DickDalewood

OVR:

Oh good, a troof chaser came out to play.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Oh good, a troof chaser came out to play.
Not with a guy named Dickdalewood!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Nope. NHL 09 has many flaws -- heck, it doesn't even resemble hockey half the time. And MLB 2K9 is a horrific glitchfest doesn't resemble baseball in the slightest. The reason so many people comment on Madden's glitches is because it sells millions more units than those other two games. That's the only difference. Don't make this into anything except what it is -- football gamers going insanely overboard complaining about issues with their particular game of choice.
Hey to tell you the Truth I'm not really mad at EA their trying to make new Money with Old Tools Slick Marketing and Gimmicks, I'm Disturbed at the People who Blindly defend EA and Ignore these Issue's that I bring up, but rather Concentrate and Dedicate a Thread on me Accusing me of Diluting the Market lol Thats Rich, Meanwhile the Only Simulation Football Game has been ran Outta town by the Company You all are Defending & making Excuses For.

I don't play Baseball and Hockey Games, I play Football & Basketball Games, and Trust me NBA 2K10 can get it too, but the Difference is NBA 2K10 Fans like myself will Admit as a whole if the Game is Broke so I say my peace and thats that. EA Fanboys Don't care about Simulation Football they go by the Hive Mentality, and have no Problems having Companies think for them.

Thats Deeper than Videogames, thats Insane Brainwashing for real, Wanting to be part of something Great so bad that yall Ignore Obvious Crucial Game Flaws and Glitches that Destroy's Simulation Football, all under the False pretense of Competition & Nostalgia of Maddens Pass

Last edited by apexbronx; 07-24-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »