Home

Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

This is a discussion on Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Camera Phone Addicts: Stop Diluting the Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
This is a matter of opinion though, yet you state it as fact. And "most people" are still buying and enjoying Madden on this generation of consoles. Look at the sales numbers. Your idea of "most people" is the vocal minority that troll the forums on the internet.
TJ, you just took the words right out of my mouth with that one. i was just about to state that "most people" are not the couple of people on these boards that he is referring to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #66
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree that there's some attention seekers and/or copy cats out there who just want 10 seconds of OS fame, but I also think this is appropriate in the sense that it's the ONLY thing left that offers gamers another side of the coin. There's nothing and I mean NOTHING holding EA's feet to the fire when they screw up and if it weren't for these people they'd be 100% free to do whatever they want.

What you have to do is look beyond the bias and just focus on what some of these people are saying. You don't have to be a 2k fanboy to notice flaws you just have to be willing to accept that they're there and decide whether or not they're valid. If they are, then you should atleast appreciate getting the heads up before you buy the game.

I look at it as a resource rather then a hindrance.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #67
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I dont have a problem with the videos except for the silly ones like the vid some guy posted about Ian saying that Ref, chain gang and etc havent been in Madden before...Anyone with a brain know what he meant.....

Anyway if you guys("troof chasers") want to really be taken seriously and get notice by these developers, then give contrustive critism and for every bad thing you point out, point out something you like....HELP dont BASH

my fav internet game critic is The Angry Video Game Nerd, take notes on that guy....He knows how to make a vid thats worth watching for over 5 mins....
Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Look, we all appreciate good constructive criticism for the Madden guys, focusing their eyes on problems with the games, but more and more I'm seeing videos pointing out the obvious (ie the types of glitches that ship with every game, clipping, tolerance issues, collision detection) and, well, to be blunt, there's a lot of videos out there on the M10 demo that are flat wrong.

I don't wanna start naming names and calling out guys who are doing their best to help make Madden better, but I do know more than a few of you are doing it for the attention, some are doing it because you think it'll make Ian suddenly decide you're the reincarnation of Bill Walsh and hire you.

* You wanna work for EA sports, www.tiburon.com is the place to start. The rest of us don't need to see your resume.

* You wanna get to Community Day, try making a video pointing out some positives and prove you're fair minded.

To be honest, 90% of the good videos I see would be more efficiently put into a post with screen shots rather than put into video form. At least then I don't have to listen to you ho-hum around for 10 minutes before you get to the point.

And, of course, the most important point: When there's 6.5 billion videos on YouTube that are all basically excuses for closet "HEY IAN" threads, what percentage of them do you actually think he's gonna see?

Disclaimer: There are a few I do not direct this at. There are a few that are damn good at this and I hope they continue. This is not meant as a catch all. Once again, I don't wanna name names, and I'm not going to name them by exclusion either, so I'll leave it at that.
Ain't that the troof.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 6

I'll start with the thread first - if you recall a few months back Ian actually said that one of his favorite posters was Bezo so now everyone here is Bezo minus valid points (for the most part) in order get mentioned in one of Ian's post.

The videos in particular though are just the medium of the times so that in particular doesn't bother me so much because as TJ mentioned GTA has the same issues so its not particular to Madden.

Last point on this - if EA releases a demo there's always going to be this reaction because every time EA mentions anything there's this reaction.

Now onto this ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
I don't tell my name or show my face, so how I'm I showboating. Hey your Showboating for Chatting on this Forum, See how easy that was, its Easy to falsely Accuse Someone

Sue me I'm Passionate about Sports videogames, that's why I do what I do, More people should do what I do and more if they disagree with something as Long as their repectful, its Called letting your Voice be Heard for the Purpose of making an Impact on something that interest you no Matter How big or small it is.

I Prove Valid Points to Hold up a Standard in Sports Videogames, to protect the Integrity of the Genre, so we all can enjoy authenticity which is Very Scarce, and for this some people come at me all Type's of ways. Shame.

The Funny Part is, if EA and 2K for some Strange Reason where to Listens to what people like me are saying and makes these Improvements people like you would love it, and thats what buggs me out the most.

Other People have a Corporate Hive Mentality that follows what ever they think is the Status Quo, and they don't even work for EA or these other Companies, don't even get Paid by them, But Just give them More of their Hard Earned Money Instead, They just follow Blindly accepting whatever, even if it's insulting their own Intelligence with Exaggerated Marketing, Gimmicks and False Advertising. All for being under the False Pretense of Fair Competition. They Love the Status Quo and the Status Quo Doesn't Love them back
Apparently I didn't get my ballot for Savior of the Sports Gaming Universe. The reason why people react to your posts is because you refuse to recognize that the opinions of the people that like the game are just as valid as those that don't. Capitalizing random phrases doesn't help either.

The more you post with content like that the less likely anyone - fellow posters, mod's, the dev team are to listen to you so this fight for right that you're launching will inevitably fall on deaf ears.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #70
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, I just watched a couple of Apex's videos. (I'm not sure who the other video guys are)

I'm not a ***** and I'm not a fan boy. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with his videos (at least the 2 I just watched). I just think he is passionate about the game. Too much so? Perhaps but so what? There are PLENTY of wannabe's here and people that spend WAY too much time on these forums trying to get into Ian's (or EA's) pants.

Now I could be wrong here and please correct me if I am. But don't other people post his videos here more than he does?

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

Last edited by Garrett67; 07-24-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
Hey to tell you the Truth I'm not really mad at EA their trying to make new Money with Old Tools Slick Marketing and Gimmicks, I'm Disturbed at the People who Blindly defend EA and Ignore these Issue's that I bring up, but rather Concentrate and Dedicate a Thread on me Accusing me of Diluting the Market lol Thats Rich, Meanwhile the Only Simulation Football Game has been ran Outta town by the Company You all are Defending & making Excuses For.

I don't play Baseball and Hockey Games, I play Football & Basketball Games, and Trust me NBA 2K10 can get it too, but the Difference is NBA 2K10 Fans like myself will Admit as a whole if the Game is Broke so I say my peace and thats that. EA Fanboys Don't care about Simulation Football they go by the Hive Mentality, and have no Problems having Companies think for them.

Thats Deeper than Videogames, thats Insane Brainwashing for real, Wanting to be part of something Great so bad that yall Ignore Obvious Crucial Game Flaws and Glitches that Destroy's Simulation Football, all under the False pretense of Competition & Nostalgia of Maddens Pass
I agree with all of your points pimpin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #72
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
Unfortunately we live in youtube "broadcast yourself" era, and as such, every tom, dick and harry think that they're steven speilberg behind the camera and james earl jones narrating. For every 1 person that does it well, you got 10 bums that bring shame to the 1...
This is not about your post, but who is that in your pic? I had to pick up my jaw off the floor!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »